.22 Theoben MFR shot string

Yes, all kinds of non-FX airguns have a place here. Do consider the proper locations for these discussions though.

Re: .22 Theoben MFR shot string

Postby Graeme on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:13 pm

:D
Talking of the word gullible. Why have you now put the world Gulible under your sig ? ?
Well I spoke to the delightful young lady at ASI again today :oops: She offered free postage on a new 500cc bottle.. Just trying to decide (as I'm bored.. Easy day today :o :D) to go for it or not... Do i really need it :geek: I dont think so, but it would be nice. The other thing I'm toying with is getting the Vermy stock Camo Dipped.. Must be a pic of a Vermy or Glad'y on the yellow forum with that done ?

Loser says ! what !!
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:43 pm

:lol: @ gullible sig

OK you charmer of the ASI ladies, what's the current price for the 500cc bottle?

No you don't need it but it would be nice to have :lol: - in other words Wife has said no :P ;)

Not sure if I personally like the camo look, seen a few and from a purely personal point of view I prefer black 8-) Fortunately though we are all different and have our own preferences - not a lot of help eh :D
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:32 pm

I get all the leg pulling from my kids so it's only fair i pass it on :D

£190 for the 500 cc.. My charm :| what's left of it got me free postage. (also) My rat bait worked.. Just shot 5 in 45 mins.. I could not wait till Dark ..love my Verminator with the 10.5 g Prems.. Going to bed in a moment zzZZZZzzzZZZZZZ
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Quite right too :D

Not a bad price compared to the 400cc for the extra 100cc, less than I would have anticipated although those bottles aren't cheap by any means.
So the stolen nuts worked then :lol:, good to hear and well done on the count too 8-)
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Zero4k wrote:Quite right too :D

Not a bad price compared to the 400cc for the extra 100cc, less than I would have anticipated although those bottles aren't cheap by any means.
So the stolen nuts worked then :lol:, good to hear and well done on the count too 8-)

SSH.!! or I'll be told off and sent to my room to think about what i've done :shock:

I thought it was a little expensive compared to Theoben Bottles TBH.. I'm now thinking "will a FX Valve/bottle top, fit on a Theoben Bottle.. If they are the same size ? Probably not worth the effort time you add it all up though.

At the back of my mind is purchasing a Royale so I'm taking my time before blowing any money.. I just can't think of a REAL reason to get another gun :| so I'll most probably buy a few bits and bobs.. Like
A 500CC Bottle.. Maybe camo dip the Vermy stock.. I've seen a Rapid in the color that i like.. If i can get the same i might go for it.. don't want the whole gun done . Then there's that "Night EATEN" scope of mine to replace.

Rats are having out of date Bread and fruit with yogurt for afters in a min :lol: come 6'ish o'clock they will be havening 10.5 grains of lead.. Served from a Loather Walther Barrel at around 770 fps.

Fead it, shoot it, maim it, chase it :lol:
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Graeme wrote:SSH.!! or I'll be told off and sent to my room to think about what i've done :shock:
Too late, I emailed the video recording to the victim earlier :twisted:

That's what I meant by the bottles not being cheap, it's a lot of money compared to others I have seen (over twice the price) but they may have better quality valves or something?

I think you'd like the Royale, they are superb but you have to justify the expense sometimes. I think the 500cc bottle might give what you are looking for with more shots and the power curve you are after etc and it's a lot less than a new rifle - sorted ;) Mind you they do have the Royale 500 Graeme :D ............. What scope do you have in mind as a replacement?

Good for you regarding the rats, and happy shooting later buddy, I like the way you serve them the lead :lol:
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:40 am

The scope I'll go for is either Bushnell Elite 6500 or 4200..But as it's the Vermy i might be tempted if i could look through one and offer it up a Viper Connect.. Not sure how that one would work out with eye relief etc with the add on NV i use for ratting.. Talking of only shot 4 this time with my brief sorty.. but one was really big and one was really small. I'd not used dog food this time but used Yogurt.. Plus obligatory Bird food.. not sure but it smelt of peaches and may of made them a little suspicious as most were shot away from my baiting position
Graeme

Postby Graeme on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Bought a 500cc bottle :D Well OK it's been ordered :) .. Spoke to Teresa again.. It's starting to be a bit embarrassing.. Must be around half a dozen times in the last week or so we've spoken 8-) ... When I've got it I'll do a shot string from 200 Bar using your spread sheet, with the gun as it is, and see what the extra cc's do for me.
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Well the Bushnell Elite's are very good scopes, not looked through one myself though but everyone who has had one says they are great 8-) From what i gather reading about the MTC Viper Connect, there's virtually no eye relief so that would put the scope a lot further back and be good for balance, I like that idea and I think it looks great, but I know some people think it looks too different - there are some who like their scope to extend to the end of the moderator :shock:

Maybe the rats have become choosy with food, but at least you got two of them :D

I knew you'd go for the bottle in the end - any old excuse to chat to the ladies - it's gonna be an expensive habit buddy :lol:. Any news on the barrel? I bet you asked about it :P.
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:48 am

:oops: No was to embarrassed to ask about the Barrel AGAIN :lol :That's why I asked you .. Na it will get here soon enough.. Hope!

I like the VERY wide field of view that the new MTC scope advertises and think that might help with my NV.. However as the scope sits so far back it's probably not going to be any good.. Think I'll ask my mate to get one in the shop so i can try it out. The Night Eaten scope that i have on there at the moment was the only one he had in the shop at the time that i liked or should i say dis-liked the least on the vermy.. Far to big though I've got used to the way it looks now and like it.. Just a pity its low light capabilities are so poor and with large inch dots on the ret'.. mildots would be better.

It's also a shame I left it so late on my break to decide to order the bottle.. Never know though it might turn up today.

Next on my hit list might be a Camo Dipping kit.. Looks like fun.. I do custom Paint work as part of my Job so reckon I'd be quite good at using it ..Ive a good stock of various textured finishes, plasticizer's plastic primers etc, and even a plastic welder .. For doing plastic repairs on cars and motorcycles etc...Could become a side line :lol:

I've not forgot to ask My neighbor about what Pellets they test with.. When i see her i will 8-)
Graeme

PreviousNext

Return to Other airguns