303 pellets jsb vs.fx

FX Airguns also has its own branded pellets. Aside from these, please share your experiences with which pellets work best in your FX airgun here!

303 pellets jsb vs.fx

Postby ironman on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:55 pm

ok I finally got the jsb exact 43.7 gr. and shot them agalinst the fx. Outside appearance, I cannot tell the difference. Using the RCBS 10-10 scale , I get about the same spread as the fx pellet, and even though the fx pellets say they are a couple of grains heavier they are suspiciously the same weight. Ok now to shooting. Testing at 50 yards is futile as both rounds shoot the same tiny ragged hole, so far so good. At 80 yards the fx pellet groups around 3/4 inch. this is five different groups, 9 shots (one full magazine) for each group. 3/4 inch being the largest and .507 the smallest, these pellets are weight sorted. The Jsb's shoot exactly the same! Only ten dollars per tin cheaper! I know jsb makes the fx pellet and apparently uses the same dies. Not a totally scientific test everyone but I am a pretty good shooter and I shot these with no wind, had the same air charge for each test, and did the test back to back 3 times. The fx pellets were 25 bucks plus shipping per 150. The JSB's were 16 bucks apiece and I got a free tin if I bought 3. AOA said that offer does not apply to the fx. I know these rifles are over 2 grand each and I shouldn't worry about the price but now I can save money even faster for my next PCP rifle. Thanks everyone and I hope this helps.
ironman

Re: 303 pellets jsb vs.fx

Postby Long Ranger on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:26 pm

JSB and FX pellets are the same the tins have difference lablels on that's all. They supposed to be 44.75 grains, but JSB had lead ball suppliers quality issues. You can buy heavier.30 JSB pellets branded and made for Daystate called, Emperor ar 51 grains. Waste of time in the Boss or Bobcatt unless you are shooting upto 40 metres.

If in doubt, always stick to manufacturers recommendations, eg FX pellets for FX guns.
Long Ranger

Postby Ian on Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:05 pm

I've only recently started weighing pellets but found that the JSB's varied between 43.9 to 45.4 grains, although the vast majority are between 44.2 - 45.1. I've simply sorted mine into 2 bags of above 44.7 and below...........this way I only have half a grain maximum discrepancy which with such a heavy pellet shouldn't have any significant effect. Long Ranger knows his stuff mind.
Ian

Postby travels4fun on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:18 am

I'm not so sure the JSB Exact 44.75 and FX Boss 46.30 are the same pellet. In my Bobcat, the FX pellet were slightly more accurate compared to the JSBs. Visually, the FX pellets have always appeared slightly darker than the JSB pellets.
Scott
FX Wildcat .25
DayState Air Wolf Tactical .22 / US Optics LR17
FX Bobcat .30 (SOLD)
DayState MK4 Target .22 (SOLD)
travels4fun

Return to Pellets