Hens teeth!

Re: Hens teeth!

Postby Suffolk Rifle on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Well, picked it up this morning, called in at the club on the way home, clamped a scope onto it, filled it with air & zeroed (slight snag there, as I'd forgotten that the scope came off a springer & the arrestor screw was screwed down wondered why I ran out of adjustment :roll: :oops: soon sorted though) it shot round spot on :D
.177 walnut stocked Cyclone Carbine
.177 mk1 Vermy
.177 walnut stocked L/W Typhoon
.177 synth stocked S/T Typhoon
Suffolk Rifle

Postby Solo1 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:39 pm

It honestly beats me why they are not far better sellers and a lot more popular. They really are great little rifles for the money and ultra-reliable too. I've had to replace one filler valve seal in all the years I've owned mine. The only other problem being a regulator that needed a good service... but that was an after-market jobby so not really a problem with the FX.
Solo1

Postby Suffolk Rifle on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Think that the profit margin isn't all that high. so RFDs would rather make more on another make - plus, of course, as they are ultra reliable, there's no 'after sales support' costs in it for the dealer to charge ;)
Talking at ASI, they might not be a 'big' seller, but they are a 'steady' seller, mind you, I doubt that they would complain if they were a 'big, steady' seller! :lol: I know I'll be putting forward that the club buys one as a 'club' gun (they've a couple of AA S400s that are doing that duty at the moment, but both have r/h stocks, so any lefties that come along have their cheeks against the back of the comb :roll: )
.177 mk1 Vermy
Suffolk Rifle

Postby Suffolk Rifle on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Think I'll still be getting a synth stocked one with the S/T barrel & see how I get on with that during the Winter, don't like getting walnut stocks wet & having to stand them next to the de-humidifier for a couple of days to dry out
.177 mk1 Vermy
Suffolk Rifle

Postby leelandy on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi I recently wanted to get back in to the hobby and found a relatively cheap pcp was a ags lite w8 in .22 and came with pump and gun cabinet. After a lot of looking I found a fx typhoon .177 with multishot conversion manual. Went to buy the fx typhoon in synthetic stock and love it . Sold or part ex for dive bottle and cash my way . Bought a mtc mamba scope so had a spare scope. Then saw a fx cyclone in .177 and couldn't refuse it. Put the spare scope on and have a nice little duo of fx air rifles . I must admit not seen a lot of them about .
leelandy

Postby Suffolk Rifle on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:43 pm

The synth stocked one is getting there, just finding the time to put lead through it now & getting used to it. TBH, I'd recommend them to anybody starting off on the PCP route, we've spent a fair bit trying different PCPs (OK, most were second-hand, so we didn't lose much on the deals, but)
.177 mk1 Vermy
Suffolk Rifle

Previous

Return to FX General