Wildcat service recomendations

Wildcat service recomendations

Postby bruno22rf on Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:45 pm

So I decided to part strip my Wildcat as the loading was getting graunchy and the pellet probe appeared to be bent. New probe and indexing arm arrived and I set to work. Everything seems to be back in place but try as I might she will only now produce around 350fps. So after a depressing weekend trying to sort the thing out I have decided to send it to someone who knows better than me for a service/tune. Any recommendations? BTW for a gun costing the best part of a grand I am appalled at the build quality of the Wildcat - push fit pins in the action that fall out and grub screws being used as pivots/cocking links on the indexing system - poor engineering that's not designed to last.
bruno22rf

Re: Wildcat service recomendations

Postby Suffolk Rifle on Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:41 pm

Would say to send it to ASI if you're in the UK, had good reports that their prices aren't bad (and, as they're the importers, they'll have all the bits)
.177 walnut stocked Cyclone Carbine
.177 mk1 Vermy
.177 walnut stocked L/W Typhoon
.177 synth stocked S/T Typhoon
Suffolk Rifle

Postby bruno22rf on Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:36 am

Well it looks like I may have to eat my own words - took the Cat to Air Fective today only to find out that the grubscrews I had purchased from a reputable dealer as genuine FX parts were, in fact, not so. The company in question has supplied plain grubscrews in place of the proper FX pivot pins for the indexing lever and actuating arm - they have seen fit to charge FX prices of £3.60 each for plain grubscrews available on Ebay for pennies.
On a much happier note, after less than 2 hours at Air Fective the gun has been complexly over hauled with new seals and a new piston plus a few odd bits for a sum that I dare not mention in case they have made a mistake on the bill and come chasing after me. Gun is now silky smooth, consistent and an absolute joy to use. If anybody out there knows more about FX Airguns and what makes them tick I will be truly amazed.
bruno22rf

Postby Suffolk Rifle on Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Glad you're sorted
.177 walnut stocked Cyclone Carbine
.177 mk1 Vermy
.177 walnut stocked L/W Typhoon
.177 synth stocked S/T Typhoon
Suffolk Rifle

Return to FX General