Ian Johnstone

Whatever you feel like talking about. But please keep it somewhat relevant, there are other and better places for general chit-chat.

Ian Johnstone

Postby requoil on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 am

You have pm
requoil

Re: Ian Johnstone

Postby ian johnstone on Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:47 pm

So do you, Rich :D
ian johnstone

Postby requoil on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Thank you Ian, unread pm's don't jump out at you on this site like they do on others.

Also, I have now learned to "copy" any post replies, pm's, or emails before sending them as I'm experiencing about a 25% of them receiving the "Blacklisted" notice, AND loosing the message! Anyone else experiencing the "Blacklisted" notification at all?
requoil

Postby PolarWolf on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:41 pm

not really, no...
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby requoil on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:10 pm

It must be something to do with my computer and not the FX site. A tip Ian suggested, switching off and on my computer removes the blacklist notice, but it hasn't removed it permanently.
No big deal, just a little annoying, and my main concern was that I was getting it for some sort of reason, and I've been reassured that that is not the case.
Thank you both. 8-)
requoil

Postby ian johnstone on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:58 pm

It's most likely your Internet Service Provider, Rich. (or rather, the IP address it allocates to you). You could try just turning off your Modem/Router for a short while.

(If you use 'Firefox' it is always useful to purge the cache files, they look important, but they aren't really & some nasties can lurk in there. Can't say about MS IE as I dont use it).

I recently went to look at a Polish web link & it told me I was Banned :( (it was a gun forum too)
ian johnstone

Postby requoil on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:20 pm

I delete my browsing history every couple of days, and I don't usually use Firefox, an exception to this is that on a very few sites my Internet Explorer will not let me input my order details when buying online.
requoil

Return to Totally off-topic chatter