Members location

Whatever you feel like talking about. But please keep it somewhat relevant, there are other and better places for general chit-chat.

Members location

Postby requoil on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:15 am

Hi guys, can someone tell me why not everyone has their location listed please. I know there is no compulsion to do this, but I think it could be helpful knowing at least which country the person you are replying to is from, if not the nearest town. On some sites this is insisted on, I don't feel that it should, it is nice to have the choice but as I say, I think it would help.
I don't speak any other languages, and my English is not great at times, but if I know that the person I am dealing with has English as a second language then I can avoid slang and colloquialisms, or even state things in a simpler way.

I've visited a Polish website that had good strip-down instructions for other PCP's, but even with the web translator on it is sometimes difficult for me to understand the instructions. But that just might be me! :?
requoil

Re: Members location

Postby ian johnstone on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:38 pm

You have my & 'FXpoacher's full permission to relentlessly hunt these lazy FXOC members down & pester them, repeatedly !

8-)

My main worry is people on the other side of the World :o (or Moon, in one case :roll: ) - you answer an emergency 'help' call but have to anxiously wait for 8-12 hours for them to respond.

Its not their fault, of course, but can make you wonder 'what's going on' at the time. (no joke intended)
ian johnstone

Return to Totally off-topic chatter