Whatever you feel like talking about. But please keep it somewhat relevant, there are other and better places for general chit-chat.

Postby requoil on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi everybody, just a quick post to say hello and thank you for having me. I thought that I'd made such a mess trying to join, mixing my details up etc, that I wouldn't be allowed on.

My most recent purchase was a Logun Domin8or, which is my only FX related pcp, I do have a couple of BSA Hornets, 2 Careers, an S200, 4 Innova's and an Ace, and half a dozen Falcon/Titans. Currently no where to shoot :cry:
I have already been plundering the information banks on here and I am so pleased to find such an informative site.
Cheers, R. :D
requoil

Re: Newbie

Postby i.brennan on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:44 am

hello and welcome mate
ian :D
i.brennan

Postby requoil on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:37 am

Cheers Ian, and thanks for your help mate. :D
requoil

Postby ian johnstone on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:41 pm

We've some great characters on here 'requoil', & most have a wide selection of makes of gun.
Our Great Leader :roll: PolarWolf has been known to pick-up BSA airguns (even).

The highly international appeal of FXOC sometimes makes communications a little stilted (time zones etc) but generally - the more technical a post is, the better (& we like photos :) ).

Most engineering type Q.s are best answered by PolarWolf. :lol:
ian johnstone

Postby requoil on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:14 pm

I've been very impressed by the quality of the posts and their replies. The stripdowns are absolutely spot on. I was going to strip my Domi down just to check everything was fine until I read about how tight some of the screws were. Better let sleeping dogs lie. ;)

It is difficult knowing how much detail to use in replies as you don't know the level of knowledge the person you're messaging has, it would be very easy to lose me when discussing NV, a subject I'd like to get to know. In fact I bought a mini osprey off "Airgunforum" last night and don't know whether its ok or sh*t, but you've got to jump in some where.
I have a friend who is a pro pest control guy, so I emailed him for his opinion, I waited until I almost lost the NV, then said "yes please" to the seller, during the subsequent phone call to the seller I got an email from my buddy recommending not to buy it. With me, my word is my bond, so this morning I sent the cheque off (the guy doesn't like paypal???) Got to wait for it to clear etc etc, then he will post me my first NV scope.

Is it very wicked to stray off the thread subject on here? We are very lax over on the Falcon owners site, it's more like a group of mates in a pub having a chat. :D
requoil

Postby requoil on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:24 pm

RE. PolarWolfs BSA's, I don't think they will be sub 12's will they? I have a Hornet 22 rifle and a 177 carbine, the carbine has been JB blueprinted, both are single shot models. I really like the carbine, I am small in stature and find the rifle a bit too much for me. I did shorten the pull to suit my arms, but it is still on the heavy side. All this from someone with two 707 rifles!

Oh, the carbine has been Realtree hardwoods dipped.
requoil

Postby PolarWolf on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:51 pm

requoil wrote:RE. PolarWolfs BSA's, I don't think they will be sub 12's will they? I have a Hornet 22 rifle and a 177 carbine, the carbine has been JB blueprinted, both are single shot models. I really like the carbine, I am small in stature and find the rifle a bit too much for me. I did shorten the pull to suit my arms, but it is still on the heavy side. All this from someone with two 707 rifles!

Oh, the carbine has been Realtree hardwoods dipped.

All my BSA's are FAC, actually. Well, I think so anyway, I haven't clocked the Lightning yet. I'd love to send one of my Hornets off to Bowkett, it's just a royal pain to do so, so I guess I'll have to live with it as it is. Which is...well, very friggen good to begin with.

I don't mind too much offtopic chatter. I do think there are better places for it though. So don't worry too much about a specific topic drifting off especially in this section, but try not to start too many offtopic topics. Before we know it we end up like the BBS with 50% "non airgun related", 40% "Far sale or swap" and 10% or less of actual content.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby ian johnstone on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:04 am

Well, requoil Night Vision (kit) is my abiding interest! I hope your NV unit is what you expect, buying secondhand NV is a nightmare - some people look after their kit, some dont - but until you actually fire it up yourself (at night or in a very dark room) you just never know.

The Mini-Osprey was quite popular but is no longer made, a lot will depend on the Image Intensifier Tube & how its been used. You should expect some 'specks' in the image but not anything large. A visual check of the battery compartment should give you an indication of how well its been looked after.
ian johnstone

Postby requoil on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Thanks for that. It has obviously been used for hunting so it might have had a rough life. I did ask the seller how many hours the tube had done (pretending to know more than I do, I don't know what their life expectancy is!) he didn't know as he'd bought it second hand as well :(
Do you know if tubes are available for these things, and if so, which suppliers aren't robbing merchants? Hopefully I don't need one, but I'm a born pessimist, think the worst, and you will never be disappointed, and often you are well pleased.
requoil

Postby ian johnstone on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm

Had a quick look at the Sales Thread earlier, not a very good photo ! 8-) Luckily the price wasn't extortionate ;)

Tube life is tricky to measure, but most Gen 1 is good for years of service (if treated properly). I didn't see any evidence of an IR Laser illuminator which is a good sign.

Most Gen 1 NV is considered nearly disposable, the company that made that unit is very much around & in fact I have recently bought one of their latest models (Gen 1 Dedicated 2.5x50 @£475.00).
ian johnstone

Next

Return to Totally off-topic chatter