Air Pistols

Whatever you feel like talking about. But please keep it somewhat relevant, there are other and better places for general chit-chat.

Air Pistols

Postby ian johnstone on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Our mutual friend 'troubledshooter' recently mentioned a book that might appeal to some people here...

http://ashlea.books.officelive.com/default.aspx

Hope that works :oops:

After all, we all remember our first air pistol :twisted:

I could spend happy hours reading that, even though I have no interest in Air Pistols any more...
I think.
ian johnstone

Re: Air Pistols

Postby fxuser on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi Ian,

oh yeah, I remember at my first Airpistol, but at this Days I use PCP-Pistols :),
like a Steyr LP50.

have a good Time Ralph
FX2000 .22 FXCyclone .177 FXranchero .22
fxuser

Postby john b on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:04 pm

my first pistol a 177 webley junior nickel with wood grips and smooth bore.and a 22 webley mk3 under lever that was a nice gun.come home from school one day to find my dad had sold them both for £35 :x :cry: i will never forgive him,bugger kept the money to
john b

Postby ian johnstone on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Sorry to hear that John - I think my Dad did something similar with a pocket Knife I was given aged 9 (put in a drawer until I was 11, but I never saw it again :shock: ).

The book has had a very good review in Feb 2009 Airgun World :D
(Along with the FX Verminator!)
ian johnstone

Postby requoil on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:33 pm

The first air pistol I bought was a brand new Crosman 1322 pump, I was still living with my parents and I'd just started working.
My father had taught us to shoot at an early age, he said he used to shoot a great deal when he was younger, anyway, I put a target up on the house wall and proceeded to pepper it. My father came out to show an interest saying that in one of the shed drawers he should still have his old Webley junior 177. I laughed and said I'd take him on any-day, he didn't reply, but went to the shed and returned with said Webley. He cocked and loaded it, then without saying another word threw an empty cigarette packet into the air and shot it with the pistol. I retrieved it, inspected the hole and said "you jammy devil", still not saying a word, he cocked and loaded the Webley and again threw the packet into the air, again hitting it with a pellet. :shock:

I knew he used to shoot, but that impressed the hell out of me.
requoil

Postby seeker on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:13 pm

requoil wrote:The first air pistol I bought was a brand new Crosman 1322 pump, I was still living with my parents and I'd just started working.
My father had taught us to shoot at an early age, he said he used to shoot a great deal when he was younger, anyway, I put a target up on the house wall and proceeded to pepper it. My father came out to show an interest saying that in one of the shed drawers he should still have his old Webley junior 177. I laughed and said I'd take him on any-day, he didn't reply, but went to the shed and returned with said Webley. He cocked and loaded it, then without saying another word threw an empty cigarette packet into the air and shot it with the pistol. I retrieved it, inspected the hole and said "you jammy devil", still not saying a word, he cocked and loaded the Webley and again threw the packet into the air, again hitting it with a pellet. :shock:

I knew he used to shoot, but that impressed the hell out of me.

but your dad was john wayne though fella :D
fx 2000 .177
AGS litew8 .177
fx 2000 .22 carbine
seeker

Postby requoil on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 pm

No, not John Wayne mate, he was "old school", children were to be seen and not heard etc, what he said was law and woe betide anyone who incured his wrath. I still bear the scars. :shock:
requoil

Return to Totally off-topic chatter