So what else you do for fun...

Whatever you feel like talking about. But please keep it somewhat relevant, there are other and better places for general chit-chat.

So what else you do for fun...

Postby PolarWolf on Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:21 pm

15 years ago I started driving a sleddog team. I don't actively do that now due to time and space constraints, but I still have a couple of siberians for company and fun. Great hobby and lots of fun, especially in the snow.

So what do you do/have you done to keep yourself busy aside from shooting your FX airguns?
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Re: So what else you do for fun...

Postby raptorx on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:29 pm

I played basketball, when I was young (between 13-25 years old, I still wake up in the middle of the night for watching NBA games),
then I spent some years for caving (-354m is my personal record) but was very tiring and dangerous ,once I would almost die when a flood came into the cave when we were at -78m, and we were rescued,
I was a rally co-pilot for three years (I won Nationals in N3 class),
then had a child everything calmed down for me.
Two years ago I met modern airguns and fascinated by them, this is a sport I can make till late 70's of mylife.

I listen to the and play PCP's nowadays :D
FX Gladiator .22
Webley Raider 10 .22

(avatar: courtesy of Fender)
raptorx

Postby ian johnstone on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:59 pm

Nothing really, cant be ar5ed :oops:

I do have one little 'foible' though

I like to beat the Post Count of the Forum Owner 8-)

wherever I visit :o
ian johnstone

Postby steveww on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:34 pm

Airguns is relatively new for me, sort of. Of course I had an airgun as my first gun whenI was a kid. Followed by a .410, 20 bore and finally 12 bore. Stopped shooting and started play with cars, did a bit of racing.

I still have a "play" car for the sunny weekends; a 1969 Lotus Elan DHC http://www.steveww.org/
As you may have guessed I have come back to shooting again, due mainly to moving back in to the countryside. As well as the FX airgun I have a couple of Beretta 12 bore that I shoot clays and game with. My wife also shoots clays (sometime better than me :x ) but she uses a Browning. I also get out a bit on my mountain bike in an effort to try and stay fit and burn off all the beer :lol:
steveww

Postby PolarWolf on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:47 am

ian johnstone wrote:Nothing really, cant be ar5ed :oops:

I do have one little 'foible' though

I like to beat the Post Count of the Forum Owner 8-)

wherever I visit :o

That's not hard to do Ian, I'm not that much of an active poster most of the time :)
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby FXpoacher on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Kind of scarey!.
i sat and thought about what else i do and all i could come up with was running my own buisness and hunting!
FXpoacher

Postby ian johnstone on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:37 pm

I know how you feel Jeff :(

Actually I've had some thoughts of getting back into Fly Fishing again. I used to be very keen but sort of stopped in my early 20's (usual reasons ;) plus living in towns). I'm happily re-reading some old Fly Tying books at the moment & I'm thinking of purchasing (again) some of the old classic volumes on Dry Fly techniques. I could quite happily just read them of course but there are 2 lakes, a limestone stream & several ponds here I might even consider stocking them with Rainbows! There are already about 100 huge Carp (12-15lb) but I really dont think they would present much of a challenge.

Other interests:
Pubs
Ornithology
Wine
&
Pubs
:D
ian johnstone

Postby Ranger22 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:51 am

An old post i know but thought i'd post anyway, my job is my hobby! I'm a deer stalker and stalkling is one of my hobbies too, also play golf and do a wee bit of sea fishing
Al
Ranger22

Postby rui de castro on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:58 pm

in my early twenties, while living in london ( 22 years) , did martial arts , karate with sensei suzuky, sadly already passed rode road bikes all these years, there were times I would leave london on a thursday afternoon come down to portugal for the TT in Vila Real, and on sunday after the races "race" back to londonaway, did off road riding ´till into my fitfies , but then age and inumerous injuries along the years, started colleting the price, so I had to stop. now, knocking sixty, I do bench rest shooting, with my AA prosport fac, my 2 HW100´s fac my AA 410 xtra fac and my FX cyclone fac. Itá a much relaxing way of passing the time. regards rc
rui de castro

Return to Totally off-topic chatter