FAO Graeme

Whatever you feel like talking about. But please keep it somewhat relevant, there are other and better places for general chit-chat.

FAO Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:14 pm

I like the landroller skates but knowing me I'd end up in a crumpled heap!

Cesar Millan is brilliant in my view, watched a load of his programs and he can just about sort any dog out without resorting to being too severe. The only thing I disagree with that I have seen on the program are the type of collar some people use on their dogs i.e. the ones with the spikes on the inside that dig in if the dog pulls - I don't see any of Cesar's dogs with them on, but maybe he can't comment on them or something. I feel these are cruel and if the handler is aggressive in its use it will cause suffering for the dog - we wouldn't do that to a child so why treat a dog any differently..... Just my ten cents worth anyway
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Re: FAO Graeme

Postby Graeme on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Interesting.. I was just off to bed as .. "Tomorrow i shall mostly be pumping " shot string to do! So thought an early night wise. :D :lol:

But you have my attention 8-)

I believe in London once a year they have a skate to work day enjoyed by old and young alike.. . 80 year old's..I did not see (on the TV) one pair of these.. http://www.landroller.com/ As used by Ceser Millan

They really turn heads too..Dark Glasses and a hat wile you learn then. :oops: :lol: .

They are great! Easy to use and so much faster (if you wish) than in line skates...they really glide along.. . Love mine to bits.. My wife and i go down to Exmouth Sea front and skate along with our eyepods.. Best feeling in the world... Put a dog into the mix and with a little practice its more fun than you can shake a stick at.

As Ian knows my dog is a Siberian husky German Sheppard X and has been trained or should i say not discouraged to pull with a harness from a pup.. He now will walk without pulling depending on your tone of voice saying steady.. Same again for go on then.. i think a electric collar (2 spikes inside) will work in the right hands with an unruly dog or if you have not got the time.. but i would not use one.. but I'm no expert..
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 am

:D Dark glasses....... Hat....... Blues Brothers 8-)
I can see the appeal of the landrollers buddy and with a dog the size of yours the exercise is a bonus for him, Husky type dogs do all sorts of things and there's nothing wrong with encouraging them to basically work. Ours do agility and they love every moment of it, keeps them active and gives them variety in their lives.

Again I'm not in favour of things like electric shock collars, training from an early age is a better way to handle behavior problems. They give out a fair old jolt - not mild like electric fencing used for controlling grazing on farms, this is a real shock, and they have the ability to be turned up higher. If you get the chance, hold one of these collars while someone presses the switch and you'll see what people are inflicting on their pets, you'll be surprised. Far better and safer to use a remote control lemon spray collar.

Thing is with dogs is that you have to earn their respect as pack leader - that's what you are in their eyes - unless you are daft enough to let the dog rule the house, lay down the rules and boundaries pretty much the same as you would do with kids, then everyone's happy.
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Hellooooooooo!! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0So10Blo ... re=related

Clicky clicky.. Its the heat ;)
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Those erm..... landrollers sure look like a lot of fun, probably a bit of a handful until you got used to them though :D
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:59 pm

:D All this nice weather.. Must tell the wife to get hers out for a play.

Oh dear.. :oops:

Think this is going slightly off topic. :| . Though never to far from the mind :D

Took Ben into the field next door to have a chase of the Rabbits.. Boy did he come back hot.. How my doin' so far.. Stick with me.. :lol:
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 am

You want to be careful in case your Wife reads this ;)

Yes it's a bit warm for dogs to run about much, our two love nothing better than going for a swim in the river when it's this warm, it's when they come out you have to worry about, if you aren't nimble enough to move you get a free shower :|
Zero4k

Return to Totally off-topic chatter