Hatsan BT65

Yes, all kinds of non-FX airguns have a place here. Do consider the proper locations for these discussions though.

Hatsan BT65

Postby mmasola on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi. I own a Fx Royale, but I am considering a relatively cheap second rifle, to play with (keeping the Royale for more serious business). As I want a repeater with open sight, I am looking into the Hatsan BT 65, as it looks a setp ahead of his brother, the AT 44. As I am buying in USA, I am getting a high power one. Manufacturer info says max power is 60 Joules !!! As the air tank is relatively small (255 cc), if I buy this rifle, I would tune it down to shot 18 or 21 grain pellets at 900 FPS or less. Reducing air consumption per shot will increase the shots per fill, which are not a lot (I would imagine I could get up to 30 good shots, after tuning down).

Now the question. Anybody knows how to tune it down? I am used to do that with my Royale, by using a 6 mm allen wrench...very easy... But when I went for info about the Hatsan I found no assemble drawings. Videos I saw in youtube show parts being changed (probably they were tuning up a low pressure rifle)....I do not want to mess up with part changes...I just want to loose a bit of the spring tension, so the hammer hits the valve with less force.

Anybody knowing how to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Martin
mmasola

Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil (and sometimes, Mar del Plata, Argentina)

Re: Hatsan BT65

Postby ZippoFire on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Here is a diagram of the HAtsan BT65 parts http://forum.bgfta.org/index.php?action ... tach=22929
Here is som pictures from a Norwegian forum with a good pucture of where the adjustmen screw is located
http://www.airgunworld.org/forum/viewto ... 102&t=3712

I think you just have to release the tension on the hammerspring a bit.

Hope this helps.
ZippoFire

Postby grumpy on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:19 pm

I just returned 2 BT65's cause the fit and finish on them was poor to say the least. Yes they make big power but a .25 cal marauder is a much better gun in my opinion, and its cheaper to boot.
grumpy

Postby mmasola on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks for the info Zippofire. It will be very helpful. Regarding Grumpy, I am aware of the quality problems I will have with this Hatsan. But I also talked to some happy owners, accuracy and power wise. I am pretty sure that this rifle will be a project for me, improving it with some changes and new parts. But if the hearth and bones are OK the effort may be rewarding. When I want quality, I shoot with my Fx Royale....wich cost 3 times more...
mmasola

Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil (and sometimes, Mar del Plata, Argentina)

Postby Corvids on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 pm

my son was looking at a hatsan, purely from ann economic stance.

so i did a little digging, dont bother.

apparently the guns work reasonably well, but the after sales service is atrocious. one guy on another forum has been waiting 14 weeks for replacement part :o and a wait of this length isnt uncommon.

its now the done thing that if your hatsan brakes to part it out on that well known auction site.

HTH
Rapid MK2 .20
Daystate a huntsman MK1 FTR .177
Sportsmatch GC2 #38 .177
Titan Mohawk .22
Daystate MK3 RT .177
RWS Scimiter .22
BSA Meteor .22 Mint still boxed.
Corvids

Postby JohnnySweden on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 am

In Europe they are known lemons, but way cheaper then in the US - this explains the (lack of) fit and finsh.

Still a lot better then the even more agricultural AT-44s and the 65s dont have the rust sensitive thin steel tubing as the smaller rifles.

With the LW barrels they can however be very accurate and they ARE powerful, about 55 fpe IRL.

Shot count and spread are not as good.

To cycle the bolt is to change gear in a russian truck, its crude, loud and requires a lot of effort...sometimes....other times they are pretty smooth...changes from pellet to pellet...

If I was living in the US, I would go Marauder any time before any kind of Hatsan...
My airgun blog: http://airpang.bloggplatsen.se/

.25 FX Airguns Elite 500 Mk I - Bushnell Legend 5-15/40 Ao
.177 Crosman Challenger - Leupold 3-9/33 EFR
.22 BSA Ultra Mk I - Tasco Varmint I 2.5-10/42 Ao
JohnnySweden

Postby azccj on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:23 am

I have a BT65SB in .25 cal. The fit and finish is what I would call nice, but not like my Daystates or FX rifles. But the BT65 doesn't cost :shock: like a Daystate or FX either. I really haven't had a chance to shoot the BT65 since buying it last year because it is so loud that my neighbors would be calling the police thinking I'm using a firearm in my backyard. So it only has about 20 pellets through it shooting at just 10 yards, which is the maximum distance I can shoot down my hallway into the living room. My next project is to build the BT65 a LDC which will make it back yard friendly. I will report back when I get some pellets through it. One of the nice features of the BT65 is that it wont let you double feed a pellet. A design I wish Daystate would incorporate into their rifles.
azccj

Postby grumpy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Man I really wanted to like the 65 but it was a shotgun. It was just shooting way too hot. My best string got about 10 shots before POI would drop like a rock. I was not expecting and FX or Daystate quality with the hatsan. But for 700 bucks I sure expected much better then what i got.
grumpy

Postby JohnnySweden on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:54 pm

I agree...

You cant expect $2000 performance for $700 but in the case with the BT-65 you will rather get $300 performance.... :roll:
My airgun blog: http://airpang.bloggplatsen.se/

.25 FX Airguns Elite 500 Mk I - Bushnell Legend 5-15/40 Ao
.177 Crosman Challenger - Leupold 3-9/33 EFR
.22 BSA Ultra Mk I - Tasco Varmint I 2.5-10/42 Ao
JohnnySweden

Return to Other airguns