1.5 inch cast bullet group at 280 yards from the Condor

Yes, all kinds of non-FX airguns have a place here. Do consider the proper locations for these discussions though.

1.5 inch cast bullet group at 280 yards from the Condor

Postby roachcreek on Sun May 06, 2012 7:01 pm

280 yard 1.5 inch group.

I have been shooting my cast bullets at ever increasing ranges on a target frame I built especially for this purpose.

It is a 3x4 3/6th inch plate that weighs 92 lbs, I have it mounted 4 feet up on a 8 foot fence pole that surounds the 11 acre vineyard here. Mounted in the middle is a 8 inch saw blade, both metal surfaces give distictly different sounds when hit.

Last week I finally had a windless day or close to one to see exactly what my 25 LBT would do . The rifle is a highly modified AirForce Condor that I have written about in a previous post here titled 'Cast bullets in the Condor'.

At first when I started shooting this day I had a slight varible wind so I decided to shoot 3 shot grous to see if I could get three shots off in the ever changing NW Oregon conditions.

The first three groups averaged 5 inches. I made the 600 yard walk to and from the target to repaint it and settled down for a 4th and 5th group. Then next group was a slight improvement at 4.25 iches.

Then the wind quit blowing, I fired the first shot and saw the strike one inch from the center of the saw blade, I fired the second shot and it touched the first. I though to myself," this is where you goof up and pull a shot." At the shot I could hear the clang and the spot appear on the saw blade for a total group of 1.5 inches.

Needless to say I did not shoot another two shots and definately mess up this group.

It takes one full second of flight time for the 56 gain LBT bullet to get there.

roachcreek

Return to Other airguns