.22 Theoben MFR shot string

Yes, all kinds of non-FX airguns have a place here. Do consider the proper locations for these discussions though.

Re: .22 Theoben MFR shot string

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Must admit I really do like the MTC range of scopes, they are quality items and I've not seen anything in that price range that equal the optics or their own reticle designs. I like the look of the Connect and the way it sits right back - great for balance 8-) The SCB reticle I have is in effect a half mil dot and I get on with it very well. Their AMD reticle is also half mil dot and quite frankly it's the best mil dot design I have ever seen! When you fit the 500cc bottle it would counter any extra weight of a heavier scope :idea: so your options are wide open on scope choice without affecting the handling of the rifle :mrgreen:

I've never been able to spray anything, always ended up a mess so I admire your skills greatly :D

I did read on another forum that they do have a large choice of pellets for testing to see if you are over the 12 lb/ft limit, basically any pellet you can buy and it does indeed include the FAC rated ones although from a shooting perspective they wouldn't be very efficient in a 12 lb/ft rifle.
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am

MY 500CC FRONT AIR TUBE FOR THE VERMINATOR HAS ARRIVED !!

I suppose if i use 7.9g Pellets and turn the power up then hopefully the pellet will of not dropped before it gets to the end of the end of the 3 foot long air tube being as my verm'y barrel is only 8" long

How freaking Mad is that. :roll: :lol: Well at least i can laugh about it.. err now..

The 500cc BOTTLE for the Verminator BUTT STOCK that I ordered hopefully will suit my need a little better... Probably out of stock and a dif price than i was quoted ?.. What else is there that can go wrong :?: :idea: Just thinking now what the hell is going to turn up when my ST arrives.. Probably wrong and what i wanted was in stock all along.. "Until yesterday WHEN WE USED THE LAST ONE ! , but we have some on order" ( MAD WORLD)
RANT OVER.. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll keep an eye out for your pellet tests bud
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:02 pm

:o Sounds like a bit of a communication error to me buddy, the last thing you want is a bigger bottle on the front of a Verminator - kind of defeats the object of the rifle a little :lol: - not laughing at your predicament but more the thought of that bottle sticking out the front beyond the barrel..... All you need is the current fashionable massively long scope and mega sunshade to match the bottle length and you'll have a very unique looking gun :lol: :lol: :lol:. Guess you over charmed the ASI lady and got her all flustered hence the mistake ;)

When your ST turns up it could be .22 cal and you'll have no option but to post it to me as a gift for me to test out for sub 12 lb/ft suitability :mrgreen:. It's very disappointing when these things happen but I'm sure ASI will sort you out.
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Yea I know.. I'm not mad. Was just very disappointed.. Now just.. "Why does it always happen to me :lol: " But it is funny imagining it.. She was going to post it straight to me but some other guy at ASI said she could not do that really so i lost my free post too.. Thinking about it.. If it had turned up here it would of been fun to take a pic with it on the Verm'y then post on here with a what do you guys think ? Underneath..
I could of baited the end of the tube and waited.. Bit like pole fishing only for rats :D

Keith and Laurie from the gun shop are going to sort it/her out for me.. Don't think I'd be very keen on telling her off.. I'd end up laughing...

Also starting to think maybe ST plan B might be a better bet 8-).. . . Cunning plan C involves a Turnip but that one needs little more work
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:12 pm

PMSL @ fishing for rats :lol:. Yup, absolutely no point in getting mad, these things happen even with the best of plans... I tried to imagine the look of the gun which is why I laughed, here's the results of a few minutes time wasting - V2+500ccfront, I didn't bother with putting a mod on as I thought something like that should really be heard :lol:

At least you've got people you know well in the trade so hopefully it won't be too long before I read the results and comparison. Don't go OTT with the turnip :)

Oh and totally changing the subject, I had a bit of a measuring session and I think the Viper Connect may fit the Royale, Solware aren't too far from me so I'll see if they have any in stock for me to check out.
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Zero4k wrote:PMSL @ fishing for rats :lol:. Yup, absolutely no point in getting mad, these things happen even with the best of plans... I tried to imagine the look of the gun which is why I laughed, here's the results of a few minutes time wasting - V2+500ccfront, I didn't bother with putting a mod on as I thought something like that should really be heard :lol:

At least you've got people you know well in the trade so hopefully it won't be too long before I read the results and comparison. Don't go OTT with the turnip :)

Oh and totally changing the subject, I had a bit of a measuring session and I think the Viper Connect may fit the Royale, Solware aren't too far from me so I'll see if they have any in stock for me to check out.

Brilliant PMSL :D Very nicely done :twisted: .... Not sure if a mod would fit being as the barrel is so close to the AIR TUBE. :lol: .
And very witty too PMSL :D :lol: :lol: Just for that :idea: .. . You may wish to mount your Connect "around the other way" apparently eye relief is extended somewhat. :|

I think the moral of this story is to order from the scary Girls :cry: at ASI using Part Numbers :D
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:31 am

:D You might be onto something reversing the scope, far less wobble too ;)
If those ladies from ASI read this and see you have called them scary..................
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:42 pm

:D
They will never catch me on my Mojo's 8-)
Graeme

Postby Graeme on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Here's a Pic of my Gun.. 8-)

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll27 ... G_1541.jpg

Its's has an awt silecer that i've moded

I also add the pic to my first post ;)
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Nice :D. Theoben's always look like a rugged rifle designed for the field, one thing I admire about them is you can buy service kits 8-) and like the FX, they appear to be pretty straight forward to work on.

What did you do with the silencer exactly? I'm particularly interested in this aspect of air rifles in general :geek:
Zero4k

PreviousNext

Return to Other airguns