.22 Theoben MFR shot string

Yes, all kinds of non-FX airguns have a place here. Do consider the proper locations for these discussions though.

Re: .22 Theoben MFR shot string

Postby Graeme on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Ah that would be telling :lol:

The barrel is 21" long so not wanting a fishing pole i played around with the internals, changed things so the barrel slides a lot further into the mod giving me an acceptable over all length.

I wish i still had the use of a lath..Got a couple of good ideas id like to try. but i'll never tell !! :D
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:06 pm

I know what you mean about too much extra length on rifles, very good but a bit unwieldy when hunting.

Interesting, I'd imagine you've probably created an expansion chamber moving it back..... I've had a couple of ideas for existing silencers but they don't require a lathe, more of a trial with different baffle materials and shapes rather than producing a complete silencer, but I do have what I think is a unique idea in my mind which is a lot more involved for later, that will require a fair bit of work and trialing though. I'll get a used cheapo PCP rifle with a threaded barrel for a test unit.
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Zero4k wrote:I know what you mean about too much extra length on rifles, very good but a bit unwieldy when hunting.

Interesting, I'd imagine you've probably created an expansion chamber moving it back..Grame's Response..DOE!! :oops: ... I've had a couple of ideas for existing silencers but they don't require a lathe, more of a trial with different baffle materials and shapes rather than producing a complete silencer, but I do have what I think is a unique idea in my mind which is a lot more involved for later, that will require a fair bit of work and trialing though. I'll get a used cheapo PCP rifle with a threaded barrel for a test unit.

Does your idea involve a Turnip Balderick ?.. :lol:

One of my ideas :idea: .. just to get you thinking

I'm guessing that Water would behave in a similar fashion to Air.. If it will work with water it might well work with air.

:idea: I'll go look on you tube for a clue to PM you :lol:
Last edited by Graeme on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Graeme wrote:Does your idea involve a Turnip
It might if you quote me like that again buddy :twisted: :shock: :lol:
Go on then, you've got me intrigued now :geek: :lol:
Zero4k

Postby Zero4k on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Don't know if you have come across this site Graeme http://www.silencertalk.com/, but there's some very interesting info on there ;)
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:19 am

See what you mean. :oops: :lol: . The Doe! was meant to be my reply to you "Correctly Guessing" expression chamber :oops: :D Mind you your comment is making my eyes water :o

Your link looks interesting 8-) will go compute :geek: :lol:
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:25 pm

No worries :lol:. Yes there's some good ideas and design thoughts on there, most of it isn't directly for sir rifles but a lot of the theory can still be applied
Zero4k

Previous

Return to Other airguns