Weihrauch HW100 with FX tank

Yes, all kinds of non-FX airguns have a place here. Do consider the proper locations for these discussions though.

Weihrauch HW100 with FX tank

Postby Tunajussi on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi,

Long time no post in here.

I changed original HW tank for lighter and bigger FX tank, same time barrel got shroud. Some parts are as proto versions, materials and shape will change in future.
Ech picture has some explanation so better look twice.
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg10 ... h%20HW100/
Tunajussi

Re: Weihrauch HW100 with FX tank

Postby ian johnstone on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Looks good! A lot of HW100 owners here in the UK do a similar conversion to get a lighter gun with a higher shot count :D

I think the tuner outfit called Venom were the first to see the potential of the FX tube (& that was the early steel FX tube!).

Why did you change the barrel though? (the only reason I can think of is the somewhat 'mixed reports' I've read on HW100s at FAC or higher power.
ian johnstone

Re: Weihrauch HW100 with FX tank

Postby Tunajussi on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:13 pm

ian johnstone wrote:Why did you change the barrel though? (the only reason I can think of is the somewhat 'mixed reports' I've read on HW100s at FAC or higher power.

Barrel was crap (rought rifling, lead fouling problem). You can take a look my HW 100 album (link above), page 2 and 3 have some fiberoscope pictures and live photos about this crappy barrel.
I'll upload some photos pretty soon when I'll got this gun ready.
Tunajussi

Return to Other airguns