Welcome...

General stuff like introductions, announcements, etc.

Re: Welcome...

Postby Huck on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Good Day Guys,

I regiestered just last Month and also new to the discussions.
This is great forum, I browsed it for info before finaly settling on my FX Revo. 177 last Oct 2012
without this site that decision would have been very difficult, as I kept geeting -ve feedback from most other sites.
But so far, my Revo has been true to me and hasn't let me down to date.

Thanks Guys for helping me get a great gun.
Sniper Wolf
FX Revolution 0.177
3-9x32 Centre Point Scope
Huck

Postby Zero4k on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi and welcome Huck,

Very nice rifle 8-) You'll find -ve feedback for just about every brand of air rifle there so choosing one can be hard.

Enjoy - in the knowledge you have made a great choice :mrgreen:
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby Thynne on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:34 pm

G'Day Huck, Good to have you on board. Are you going to post a review on your new rifle? I for one would love to read it. Some of the reviews/threads/help on this forum have been really useful to me in choosing my own rifles.
MK1 Verminator .177 FAC
Royale 400 .22 FAC
Lots of other air rifles, shotguns, and .17hmr
Thynne

Postby Huck on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Thynne,

Definelty will post a review soon along with pics and performance stats.

and thanks again guys for the warm welcomes
Sniper Wolf
FX Revolution 0.177
Huck

Postby Huck on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:35 am

This is just as short review of My Revolution as I only received my chrony last friday - and still going through the workings and reports of the chrony.
Back yard testing approximately 20yds to target.

Starting with a full tank of air of 220 bars
Shooting H & N Baracuda 10.65gr - 0.177
1-10 string shot count resulted in an average muzzle velocity of 1,029fps

4 shots using Crosman Destroyer EX 7.9gr - 0.177
Average muzzle velocity was 1,151fps.

Forgive me guys I know I need to do a proper and complete test, but bear in mind was just to ensure every thing was fine with chrony as well as my brother in-law was testing his Diana RWS 350 magnum springer 0.177
Shooting the same Baracuda 10.65grs - 0.177
1-10 string count resulted in an average muzzle velocity of 910fps
using the same Crosman Destroyer EX 7.9grs - 0.177
resulted in muzzle velocity of 1,089fps.

Once I am at the range and have everything setup will give you guys the full details - just hope its soon need to find time to go to the range
Sniper Wolf
FX Revolution 0.177
Huck

Postby parabola on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 am

Hi everyone.
I´m new here and from Sweden.
I use to own a royale 200 but now sold. Today I own the new Indy and a couple of other rifles.
I actually got the first Indy that was sold. Johnnysweden did post a few of my pics in a thread somewere.

Well well..happy shooting folks!
parabola

Postby tomsteebo on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:46 am

hi,

im tom, registered probs about 6weeks ago but just been accepted :cry:

i have owned about 20odd rifles in the 3years ive been shooting.

the only ones i still own are an fx2000 carbine walnut which has a very nice grain running along the stock aswell as tiger striping.
i also own a mk2 verminator which is having a hugget shroud put on it and also a custom hugget end cap.

struggling to get best accuracy from the mk2 tbh,

regards
tom
fx2000 carbine walnut tiger striped and grained .22
mk2 verminator hugget shroud and custom end cap .177
tomsteebo

Postby Ubin2 on Wed May 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi Guys

My name is Tony and I have Just joined. I inherited a RWS Cutlas in .22 from my late father and initially had a few issues with it - leaky seals and a loss in power (its the sub 12 ft lbs version) but after reading the relative comments on this forum as a guest, I was able to resolve all the issues I had so first of all may I say a huge thank you to existing members for all your advice and assistance, without which I would still be scratching my head in search of a resolution.

Secondly a proper introduction. I had my first air rifle aged 11, a Diana .177 break barrel and my next one aged 64, the RWS Cutlas I mentioned above. In between I have actively pursued all manner of game, fowl and vermin via small bore, centre-fire and shotgun. I am a keen stalker and driven game shooter and take great pride in building my own ammunition for my full bore rifles.

I served in HM Forces, where I developed my love of full bore after having the opportunity to combine skiing and shooting at competition level for a few years.

Now I am turning full circle and again discovering the joys of airgun shooting with what can only be described as the most accurate tool I have ever had the pleasure of using and I look forward to learning more about this remarkable little rifle.

Kind regards.

Tony Johnstone. (Wales)
Ubin2

Postby Cross rifles on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Salute to all of you air rifle addicts!

I am from Québec, Canada and I recently renewed with a long time youth activity: air rifle shooting. I must say it has been more than 40 years but I still remember coming back from school, grabing my .177 single stroke piston and heading for the woods! Rocks, cans, bottles and poor little birds... As I am some sort of extreme and dedicated kind of guy (must be the only one on this forum...) I feel that I became pretty good at it with the open iron sights. Followed up in the military, I was the only one that qualified for the cross rifle badge in my first year of military college and I was quite proud of this.

Now, some 40 years later, I run across a Crosman Benjamin Trial NP in 22 cal at a hardware store that came with a centerpoint scope and was $100.00 off... You guessed it, all my youth and good shooting memories came back and I went home with the rifle. After 5 months and more than 3500 rounds in my backyard 30 yards range, I had to dissassemble the rifle apart a few times, replace the seal, change the piston for a more powerful one, replace the canon pivot plastic washers by metallic one and install a Da Tuna GRT 3 trigger. Needless to say, it is a much better rifle now and a heck of a lot better than my old springer but I am still not totally satisfied. When I set-up on my shooting table, that my scope is perfectly calibrated and that I shoot 2 shots in the same hole, I become very upset and disappointed when the 3 shot becomes a flyer and lands 4 inches away! Had to have a rifle that if I missed, it can't be the rifle...

All this to say that I am waiting to receive my FX ROYALE 400 synthetic in 22 cal, and feel the difference between a Crosman Benjamin Trail NP and an FX. I hope to be blown away, my bank account certainly did!

Thanks for the welcome, I will gladly report soon how I live the transition to the FX Royale!

Cheers,

X rifles
Cross rifles

Postby Sp guns on Tue May 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi,i am Spyros from Greece ,i have a fx indy bullpup 25 cal and i am very happy with that...if you see below can save your life.!!

http://youtu.be/1YdsR_xltzg
Sp guns

Previous

Return to General