Welcome...

General stuff like introductions, announcements, etc.

Welcome...

Postby PolarWolf on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:00 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum dedicated to discussion of FX Airguns and its products, the high powered PCP airrifles. I've created this dedicated forum because I sense a lack of a central place for all things FX Airguns. FX Airguns as a company doesn't seem to have any official support forum, and information on its products is scattered all over the internet in various languages. Lacking an official online resource for support for FX products, I decided to create an unofficial one.

As such, this forum is not affiliated in any way with FX Airguns as a company.

I hope you enjoy your stay here on this forum and of course I'd really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and expertise of FX Airguns.

Your forum owner and administrator,

Ferdinand O. Tempel

Gents,
Can you, as per forum etiquette add a intro about your self and add your location (city and country) into your profile

Tony 22b
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Re: Welcome...

Postby andyH on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:02 pm

A big hiya from Portsmouth,England.

Just got meself a secondhand cyclone,walnut stock in 177.
Love the build quality only problem is the air leak coming from the fill probe hole!! :( ,got a bit carried away and didnt notice till this morning so does anyone know anywhere or anyone who can point me in the right direction to getting it fixed,thanks in advance,great site by the way,really friendly
andyH

Re: Thank you so much...

Postby Miguelor4469 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:20 pm

Also I want to welcome all of my European counterparts from all of Europe and the U.S. as well. I am currently living in the small island of Puerto Rico and enjoy airgunning since my teens. As a youth in New York City where I grew up, airgunning was a tabu as the City prohibits them. But I relocated upstate where I was introduced to the sport by accident and have been a very proud addict ever since. We have an evergrowing iguana problem here on the island and although these are vegeterians, they still do consume little lizards and the like of which these are very beneficial to us in that they consume their own weight in mosquitos and biting flies. Also, as a bird watcher it has been also found out that they invade songbird nests and also eat the eggs! I have taken them out with American and Korean precharged guns but have finally decided that it is about time that I invest several dollars on something more accurate and of fine construction like an FX airgun. The Verminater MK2 is at the top of my list and after much research I found out thanks to Jim Chapman that this little rifle is the way to go. So guess who is coming home for X-MAS? You got it! Verminater MK2!
Attachments
d65e9fc3.jpg
d65e9fc3.jpg (154.4 KiB) Viewed 10515 times
Miguelor4469

Postby Zero4k on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 am

Hi and welcome Miguelor4469,

I think you have chosen a great rifle and look forward to reading your success stories when you get it ;)
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Re: Likewise amigo!

Postby Miguelor4469 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:51 am

Zero4k wrote:Hi and welcome Miguelor4469,
Yea I think so too Zero4k, it seems very practical for my applications out in the field and besides I have been towing this giant sized Career .22 and I could sure use something a bit lighter, and quieter too! also I really want to see the new ST barrels and see what every one is raving about. I should be able to get the entire set up at Airguns of Arizona by December as they only have the short barrel version and I need that 19 incher for longer ranges. :D
I think you have chosen a great rifle and look forward to reading your success stories when you get it ;)
Miguelor4469

Postby riz on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi folks,

I'm new here. Just registered. I'm a proud owner of a .177 Cyclone in synthetic stock version. I love it.
It's a sub 12 ftlbs model and I'm still searching the best type of pellets for it.
FX Cyclone .177 - MTC Optisan Viper 10x44 SCB
HW30s .177 - Delta Optical Classic 3-9x40
riz

Postby Zero4k on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi and welcome riz :D

Not surprised you love the rifle 8-), I'd start with the JSB Exacts 8.44gr / 4.52mm, these seem to give the best results for most uses. But if you want to try a few more brands without buying whole tins, have a look at Pellet Perfect for sample packs.

I'm assuming you are in the uk as you mention sub 12 ft/lbs, if so I'd recommend getting some JSB Exact heavies 10.33gr, 4.52mm to check your power with.

Regards,

Ian
Last edited by Zero4k on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero4k

Postby riz on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the tip. I already have a tin of the following:
JSB Exact RS 4.52
JSB Heavy 4.52
Crosman Premier Heavy
RWS Superdome

I'm waiting for the weekend to have a shootout @30m to test those. I'll tell my experience.
BTW I'm still not sure if my barrel is a LW or a Smooth Twist. It's a 2012 Cyclone from BAR.
riz

Postby Zero4k on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:23 pm

You've got a decent selection there, had to edit my post above due to typo on the sizes - just can't get the staff these days :P
I'll be interested in how the Crosman's compare to the JSB heavy when you get around to it - best to start another post for that in the pellet section ;)
Should be smooth twist as it's brand new, have a look at the end of the barrel and see if it looks like the one in the second post down here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2081&p=9343#p9343 then you'll know for certain.
Zero4k

Postby riz on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Zero4k wrote:You've got a decent selection there, had to edit my post above due to typo on the sizes - just can't get the staff these days :P
I'll be interested in how the Crosman's compare to the JSB heavy when you get around to it - best to start another post for that in the pellet section ;)

Well sounds like a good idea. I'll do that. I'm still not confident enough with PCPs but will post groupings on targets @30m in a new thread.

Zero4k wrote:Should be smooth twist as it's brand new, have a look at the end of the barrel and see if it looks like the one in the second post down here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2081&p=9343#p9343 then you'll know for certain.

Thanks for the insight (pun intended) it looks the same as the picture you linked. So it's ST.
riz

Next

Return to General