Lubing Pellets ?

General stuff like introductions, announcements, etc.

Lubing Pellets ?

Postby Ian on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi Guys, No doubt this issue has been brought up before but if nothing else but an update can I ask how many of you lube your pellets and do you find a difference ? :)
Ian

Re: Lubing Pellets ?

Postby cyclone sniper on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Ian wrote:Hi Guys, No doubt this issue has been brought up before but if nothing else but an update can I ask how many of you lube your pellets and do you find a difference ? :)

yep i lube mine , helped make my groups slightly smaller and really helped when cleaning the barrel !!
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Postby Ian on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Thanks cyclone....I've always lubed mine but recently started experimenting with not doing so but it's worse so looks like I'll be going back to doing so. I always wash them though as the swarf that comes off would only end up in the barrel.
Ian

Postby cyclone sniper on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Ian wrote:Thanks cyclone....I've always lubed mine but recently started experimenting with not doing so but it's worse so looks like I'll be going back to doing so. I always wash them though as the swarf that comes off would only end up in the barrel.

pull some patches up your barrel until they come out clean and see how the groups go with lubed and non lubed pellets
(non lubed first ;) )
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Lubing Pellets.

Postby Ian on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:29 pm

yes.
Last edited by Ian on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby Ian on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Yes that's where I'm at now. Ta
Ian

Postby Rigwallet on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Can anyone explain how lubing your pellets make them better as I have never heard of this before. Does it increase power or accuracy.
AA S200 mk1, S410 mk1,login gladiator mk1, fx verminator mk2
Rigwallet

Postby Ian on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:13 pm

I believe it reduces friction as supposedly there's a small increase in fps and therefore power output as well. Have a look on the web at what the makers claim e.g. Napier etc. Ian.
Ian

Postby Pauly5 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:54 am

Quite an old thread, but didn't see the need to start a new one.
I had been struggling to get good groups at 15m (home range). I had tried a few different pellets to no improvement. I had got good results with h&n barracuda, but found them getting stuck when cooking. I think they were gripping on either the mag or O ring seal.
Just recently I sprayed my mags and pellets with silicone, let it dry and tried the barracuda again and they worked perfectly, one hole, around 8mm at 15m.
It was so nice to be able to shoot the staples holding my target up. 4 shots and it floated to the ground. So, until I find otherwise, I plan to lightly treat my pellets to a bit of silicone.
Pauly5

Postby Solo1 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Pauly5 wrote:Quite an old thread, but didn't see the need to start a new one.
I had been struggling to get good groups at 15m (home range). I had tried a few different pellets to no improvement. I had got good results with h&n barracuda, but found them getting stuck when cooking. I think they were gripping on either the mag or O ring seal.
Just recently I sprayed my mags and pellets with silicone, let it dry and tried the barracuda again and they worked perfectly, one hole, around 8mm at 15m.
It was so nice to be able to shoot the staples holding my target up. 4 shots and it floated to the ground. So, until I find otherwise, I plan to lightly treat my pellets to a bit of silicone.

I never lube or wash my pellets at all. When I did once try the groups were terrible. What I do now though is, every few weeks, I push a cotton bud coated with MolyKote through each hole in the magazine a few times to grease the 'O' ring. I never have pellets catching in the mag now.
Solo1

Next

Return to General