FX Boss.

Boss, Bobcat, Indy...basically all the .30 powerhouses.

FX Boss.

Postby Ian on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Any chance we could have a segment for the Boss as all other current models are covered ? I bought mine last year after going to the Shooting Show and I know there's a great deal of interest in this gun so perhaps with a dedicated area for comments and questions we'd resolve any issues some may have. :D
Ian

Re: FX Boss.

Postby Murphyhimself on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Got a boss my self ,had it for 3 mouths,lots of shots from a charge bought it s/h very accurate toyed with the daystate hilite, but happy with the boss. 1 shot 1 kill!
Murphyhimself

Postby Ian on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm glad you like it Murphy....it is a great piece of kit. I find JSB 44.75 grains are the most accurate and can easily hit one inch spinners at 86 yards........and I'm currently pushing out the distance further. Yes no need for head shots on anything and I've blown away Tree rats, pigeons, crows etc with no problems........a great calibre to have. Where do you source your parts...... I'm after some breech 'o' rings. Cheers Ian.
Ian

Postby Murphyhimself on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi Ian ,sorry for the late reply speak to Simon at the importers,really helpful guy, spoke to him at the cla gamefair 2015 are you now selling your boss?
Murphyhimself

Postby Ian on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Yes just fancied a change after only a year but that's how I tend to be with guns. Nothing wrong with it at all.....great piece of kit.
Ian

Postby boss_man on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi,

My first post here - I just acquired an FX Boss myself at AOA in Arizona a few days ago. I am based in California (Bay Area).

I was blown away by the incredible power and accuracy of this rifle (I was able to shoot it locally up to around 90 yards in Arizona after purchasing it at the AOA store).

Amazing rifle!! More pellet drop compared to my .22's but far more terminal power and (seemingly) consistency for very tight groups even at range.

I am also very surprised to see that there is no "Boss" section on this FX owners forum - what's up with that? Are we just a tiny minority?

Anyway, I can't wait to see how effective this rifle is for hunting after seeing what it did to various types of solid targets even up to 90 yards.

Robert
boss_man

Postby Ian on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:45 pm

Have a look at 'Ted's' video on the Boss....he can really push out the ranges. On a general basis I zeroed at 50 yards and then used the milldots on my Hawke 6.5x20x44 scope out to 90 yards...without a bipod.
Ian

Return to FX Largerbore