Wilcat top rail adjustment?

Bobcat, Wildcat, Impact, etc.

Wilcat top rail adjustment?

Postby tclancey on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:36 pm

I have a problem with a Wildcat. No matter what scope I put on it (I've tried 4 I trust very well) I run out of 'up' adjustment. Is there any hidden top rail adjustment anywhere?

Has anyone faced and fixed this?

Thanks,
tclancey

Re: Wilcat top rail adjustment?

Postby Guipago on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:23 am

FX put out some adjustable scope mounts for just these problems, hunting scopes designed for powder burners don't have enough up adjustment for pcp airguns (unless it has target turrets) once the pellet starts losing velocity it drops fast, faster than .22 sub-sonics eg: I shoot F-Class & .22 smallbore, I'm using a Brno mod 2 .22 cal, it had a 6x Leopold on it, sighted in at 65 meters, had to aim 6" high with the turret maxed out to drop them in at 90 meters, put on a nikko nighteater 6x24 with target turrets & no prob's (using sub-sonics). Parallax is also very critical for air guns, most scopes are set at 50 meters/yards plus, airgun scopes are set around 20 mtr/yds or less, bad parallax can blow the groups right out.
Guipago

Re: Wilcat top rail adjustment?

Postby tclancey on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Yeah, I ended up buying a set of fully adjustable mounts to cope with it. It also turnout out the barrel was sending pellets way off to the right, and very seriously down so this was replaced. Annoyingly, after the barrel was replaced I had to completely centre the mounts and they're not really needed anymore! But I suppose if I ever throw the thing at the floor, or run over it, I'll have a bit of adjustment to play with!
tclancey

Return to FX Bullpups