Wildcat owners, voice your opinion, please

Bobcat, Wildcat, Impact, etc.

Re: Wildcat owners, voice your opinion, please

Postby Ian on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Again many thanks Polar Wolf. I'm currently in the process of selling my FX Boss but thankfully none of the issues you've highlighted with the Wildcat affect the Boss....and certainly not the quality aspects. This matter really concerns me (and Darryl) and not something I'd expect from FX. The only other model I've had was the Mk1 Verminator and that was superb. Clearly FX know how to engineer a gun but fall down on quality where it counts. Your observations are extremely helpful. Ian.
Ian

Postby darryl on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:32 am

Ian wrote:Again many thanks Polar Wolf. I'm currently in the process of selling my FX Boss but thankfully none of the issues you've highlighted with the Wildcat affect the Boss....and certainly not the quality aspects. This matter really concerns me (and Darryl) and not something I'd expect from FX. The only other model I've had was the Mk1 Verminator and that was superb. Clearly FX know how to engineer a gun but fall down on quality where it counts. Your observations are extremely helpful. Ian.

+1. I have to move on from the Wildcat if the lower, and frankly, tempting price also insinuates a lower-than-expected qualitative result. I'm with you on this one, Ian.
darryl
The mind is like a parachute; it's only useful if it's open
darryl

Postby Ian on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:51 pm

Yes Darryl I'm holding off getting one at the moment. The Impact looks interesting so I'll be following with interest how reviews proceed on that but initially they look good.....but saying that so did the Wildcat's first feedback comments. Ah well the joys of Airguning haha.
Ian

Postby darryl on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:21 pm

Ian, I'm waiting on field reports about the Huben K-1 semi-auto bull pup. It's got two interesting features: the regulator can be adjusted from outside the stock; likewise the power can be adjusted from outside the stock; it has a built-in 19-shot magazine. go to www.MrodAir.com it has an interesting video made by those guys. Drawbacks? 5000 psi max working pressure might be an issue. I found a link to that YouTube video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bWzLOSsk3M
darryl
The mind is like a parachute; it's only useful if it's open
darryl

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Looks an awesome piece of kit. The shot count of 40 on it's lowest pressure seems poor though and would put me off as that's around my minimum requirement. It's another reason why Polar Wolf's findings of 32 from his .25 Wildcat (apart from the other issues) adds to my disappointment of the gun. When I was getting 48 shots from my Boss which produced 78FPE (albeit with a 500cc bottle) I'd expect more from the lower calibre Wildcat. Thanks for the link.....very interesting. Ian.
Ian

Postby vermy2pat on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi you lucky Wildcat users,
being just 5ft and 4clicks I had to lob 1" 0f my tx200 for comfy length of pull,
and the vermy2 I now own adjusts up nice n small,
could u please tell me the L.O.P for the Wildact and would
the full huggett shround n silencer off my V2 be straight swap much appreciated for replies Pat.
vermy2pat

Postby CORKY on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:51 pm

FX website shows that the Wildcat is available with walnut or laminate stocks .
CORKY

Postby Baever on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:11 am

Managet to load several pellets in to the barrell of my Wildcat,,it all ended up With Return to dealer,gunsmith. The barrell had expanded and had to be changed. extra cost for me. Terrible,because I had my gun for 1 week when this happened. it has now been With the dealer for almost 2 months! I hope to get it back soon. Well,,on such a gun,you should expect that the barrel didnt expand when loading several pellets into the barrel. Well,what about a safety mechanism tha prevents such accidents?
Baever

Postby crewer on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:47 am

I own a .22 wildcat and a very good friend has A .22 and a .177 wildcat. we have had no problems at all and find them excellent
crewer

Previous

Return to FX Bullpups