impact scope setup

Bobcat, Wildcat, Impact, etc.

impact scope setup

Postby Hawkslayer on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:13 am

Hi all i just got a impact .177 with the new smooth twist barrel x ,i tried to set it up with a nikko 10x5x60 just to test the gun i have burris mounts but found that no matter how much i altered the elevaction to the max i was still 3 inchs from bullseye on target at 20 yards .I know i can shim the rear mount on the scope to raise it up but is there a reason why i have this problem anyway i took my big nikko off my ftp900 btw. Thanks in advance for any help.
Hawkslayer

Re: impact scope setup

Postby cyclone sniper on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 pm

shoot a group at 50 yards and see where poi is
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Postby Hawkslayer on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:23 pm

I can't get past 20 yards it's several inches to low I have ordered some fx no limit adjustable mounts hopefully they will solve my problem a gun dealer did say to check the barrel in case it's bent but the gun is new I have only put 10 pellets through it.
Hawkslayer

Postby cyclone sniper on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:41 am

i would change the scope and see if its at fault .. is it a china made scope ?
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Postby Hawkslayer on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:22 pm

Its a nikkos striling diamond sports 10x50x60 so scope good i use it on my ftp900, i solved the problem now got hold of a set fx no limit mounts spot on now very happy dare i say with new twist x barrle roughly same accuracy as my ftp at 40 yards havent tried yet at 55 yards tho.
Hawkslayer

Postby cyclone sniper on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 pm

glad ur sorted
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Postby Bio on Sun May 27, 2018 11:50 am

Got my impact about a 2 months back still waiting for the new X-barrel I was promised. I had the same problem as you trying to instal a new Photon night vision scope on my Impact but at full elevation it shot at least an inch and a half low at any range with the JSB Kings 25.4. Tried three other sets of mounts to no avail. Tried three other scopes and was able to crank the elevation up and alleviate the problem. So the Photon went back with an RMA. They upgraded me to their newer scope but it sighted in exactly the same as the first one. Put the newest Photon on my AR 15 and it sighted in without a problem. So I ordered the same No Limit mounts as you then figured i would need another pair for my daytime scope. Final decision was to shim the scope base with a couple of .020 inch washers at the rear so I would not have to deal with it any longer. The original .25 barrel has a bit of play/droop at the front of the frame of the gun. I expect that is the problem but you need a bit of play to be able to easily change out the barrel if one decides to do so. The gun cost $2k in the USA I think FX should deal with these kinds of things and not ship their little problems to us. Love the gun though and am not willing to do an RMA and be without it for months so they can fix the problem.
Bio

Return to FX Bullpups