Wildcat Magazine Issues

Bobcat, Wildcat, Impact, etc.

Wildcat Magazine Issues

Postby tclancey on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:32 pm

I have a Wildcat, I've had it a few weeks. From day one it has confused me and continues to do so to this day.

It has fits and starts, one moment it's as accurate as anything else I have, the next it sends pellets all over the place. I think I may have narrowed the problem a little today, it appears I have 2 problem magazines. I have a load as I'm fed up of stopping to reload while practicing.

So for weeks I've been testing this thing with a couple of magazines that send pellets off in all directions. This confuses me even more as there really isn't anything that can be wrong with a magazine, it has no moving parts and I've never had a serious indexing problem.

The only thing I can think of is there's a difference with the o-rings. So I thought I'd unscrew a couple and see what's going on, but I can't get them undone at all. Do you need to heat the damn things?

There also seems to be a sweet spot between 150 and 190 bar which is unfortunate as that isn't a great number of shots. I'm sure there is a regulator issue. It has been back to the supplier, he changed the rail and the barrel as it was firing very noticeably to the right, so that helped, but it hasn't been a holistic solution.

Has anyone else had:
1. a problem where the barrel shoots dramatically off centre.
2. a magazine that appears to be part of an accuracy problem.
3. a problem with the pressure range.
?

And, are there any good resources for a complete rebuild? I service everything I own so I'm pretty handy with the hammer and screwdriver!

Thanks folks.
tclancey

Re: Wildcat Magazine Issues

Postby Oldbean on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:40 pm

I cant help.with your probs but I was about to buy new ..but your post worries me.
There are numerous threads about similar problems
Cant think how the mags cause inaccuracy unless the pellet cavities are rough and so are scoring the skirts.
Please keep,us posted . :?
Life is not a practice .... Shoot straight from the start.
Oldbean

Postby tclancey on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Don't let it worry you, I've used several of these and they;ve all been amazing, just Sod's law the one I bought had a problem, and I now know what the problem is. Although the problem itself is a little worrying.

Turns out it's the regulator which has been sticking. So it was working, then not, then working, then not, so I was getting very strange results. It's finally decided to start playing properly and now I'm getting hole in hole accuracy with any decent pellet, pretty impressive. It has taken over 2,000 pellets to free it off properly.

It has made me decide to order an aftermarket regulator from Robert Lane, which in time I probably would have done anyway. I've used his kit before and it's seriously impressive.

So, sorry if I've scared anyone but it was seriously doing my nut!

And if anyone has worked out how to dismantle the 177 magazines without melting the orings please let me know.

Cheers.
tclancey

Postby Oldbean on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:48 pm

If you bought it new the dealer should sort it for you.if 2nd hand could you please let me know the serial no to compare with the one I am interested in.
One if the features of the W/C is the regulator.
Anybody else had this trouble :cry:
Life is not a practice .... Shoot straight from the start.
Oldbean

Return to FX Bullpups