A perfect Zero now all over the place... HELP...

The new Gladiator and Verminator ("Mk2") models are based on the Royale/Elite action block, but are different enough to warrant their own section.

A perfect Zero now all over the place... HELP...

Postby Phi9983 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:09 am

Hi Guys,
Its really heartbeaking that due to a quick detatch swivel stud breaking on me, i dropped my .177 Fx Gladiator MK2 in the field. The entire impact of the fall was on the front end of the barrel in line with the scope...

The rifle had pin point accuracy consistantly shooting hole in hole at 30 yards ... After the fall, the rifle shoots all over the place .. about .75 inch at 15 yards..

Assuming that the barrel has been misaligned, i took it out of the action and noticed a damaged Brass inlet (picture attached).... I have ordered a replacement inlet and orings and am praying that that would resolve my issue as the barrel doesnt look misaligned atleast by the naked eye.... I have also tried removing the shroud as i hear something moving in there when shaken... This is turning out to be alot more complicated than id thought... Just dont want to apply toomuch pressure and have something fall apart.. hence i havent been able to take the barrel out of the shroud as yet.. Sadly, I dont have an official service centre to send my rifle to, so i would have to fix it myself...

Any help or advise would be truly appreciated..

Thanks in advance...
Phi9983

Re: A perfect Zero now all over the place... HELP...

Postby Phi9983 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:15 am

Hi Guys,
Its really heartbeaking that due to a quick detatch swivel stud breaking on me, i dropped my .177 Fx Gladiator MK2 in the field. The entire impact of the fall was on the front end of the barrel in line with the scope...

The rifle had pin point accuracy consistantly shooting hole in hole at 30 yards ... After the fall, the rifle shoots all over the place .. about .75 inch at 15 yards..

Assuming that the barrel has been misaligned, i took it out of the action and noticed a damaged Brass inlet (picture attached).... I have ordered a replacement inlet and orings and am praying that that would resolve my issue as the barrel doesnt look misaligned atleast by the naked eye.... I have also tried removing the shroud as i hear something moving in there when shaken... This is turning out to be alot more complicated than id thought... Just dont want to apply toomuch pressure and have something fall apart.. hence i havent been able to take the barrel out of the shroud as yet.. Sadly, I dont have an official service centre to send my rifle to, so i would have to fix it myself...

Any help or advise would be truly appreciated..

Thanks in advance...
Attachments
IMG_7810.JPG
IMG_7810.JPG (837.16 KiB) Viewed 4950 times
Phi9983

Re: A perfect Zero now all over the place... HELP...

Postby Phi9983 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Thought i'd give you guys an update for all those people who freak out the way i did....

So after alot of research and advise from various experts, and courage ofcourse, i decided to strip my FX completely... cleaned every nook and corner, tightened all the screws, took out and replaced all the damaged parts, and put it all back together.........
You would think that was all right? well... frustration continued.... groups were now at about 1.5 inches at 30 yards....

It isn't easy getting information about the mk2 versions... nobody seems to have had/shared any grievance or problems they might have had with this particular rifle... I guess nobody has has dropped theirs the way i did mine ... well... i was so frustrated i just packed my rifle and let it be for two months....

About 10 days ago, on a relaxed afternoon, with nothing else on my mind and an empty house until the following evening, i decided to clear my thoughts and start the entire process from scratch.. My goal was to figure out what the problem could be... The Barrel seemed straight as an arrow, no damage whatsoever, velocities were consistent, replaced the scope, no air leaks, replaced all damaged parts...
I decided to do two things just for the sake of trying something I hadn't tried as yet...

1) Move the air vent on the shroud around.
2) Tighten the Brass inlet down with the use of thread lock.

Once everything was put back together, taking my own sweet time, letting the lock tight set, I took it to my range for a test run once again...
Phi9983

Return to FX Gladiator/Verminator Mk2