FX Verminator Mk2 0.177" 12ft lbs

The new Gladiator and Verminator ("Mk2") models are based on the Royale/Elite action block, but are different enough to warrant their own section.

Re: FX Verminator Mk2 0.177" 12ft lbs

Postby FGYT on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Well Ive got some bits in the Tube now and its calmed it down just playing with spacings to see if it makes a difference.
the below layout with gun to the right is definatly better than the same spacing reversed ie a very small inital space was hoping to make force more blast back into the shroud but i think with nothing in it its just amplifies

Dorset Woodland Blades:- I See You've Played Knifey Spoony Before
FGYT

Postby FGYT on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Just to put it here for ref
heres what you need to do to take the action out of the stock its not as straight fwds as the single stock bolt implies :D

first remove the rear Bottle/butt stock

then use a 14mm socket to take out the filler stalk ( its jsut hand tight liek the bottle is its the same fitting you could put an front cylinder if you liked )

then you need to undo the trigger shoe which is a tiny allen key

now as my sone has currently misplaced that allen key no more piccys yet

you can then undo the stock bolt between the trigger and the pressure guage and then lift out the action remembering to catch the trigger shoe as you lift ;)

refit ti the reverse remember to put the shoe on as you drop abck in (a bipod really helps )

and just snug the filler stalk in with the socket
ATB

Duncan
FGYT

Postby FGYT on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:45 pm

And heres the barrel off bit

with the scope off ( on mine ) you need to loosed the front center 2 screws in the front rail block ( the rear larger grub screw is a blanking plug which is locktited in )
Image on the left in this pic

then simply pull the barrel out its just push fit :ugeek: I do this with the bolt cocked back

To refit just push back home makeing sure the grub screw marks are up ( so the transfer port in the barrel lines up with the action port )

and re tighten the screws this is just a snug up tight

if your not sure of alignment remove the rear blanking grub screw and you should see a dot mark in the brass this should be centeral to the hole as its oposite the transfer port hole

ATB

Duncan
FGYT

Postby Fatsniper on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Do you think it possible to remove the shroud and just fit a Weirhauch silencer. I know it will change the appearance
but it would also be a better option than the FX smartie tube.
Fatsniper

Postby Zero4k on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Yes it is possible to remove the shroud, and yes a Weihrauch silencer will be a bit quieter than the FX shroud extension - which incidentally is not marketed as a silencer but has been described by some gun shops as being one. If you combine the original shroud with a Weihrauch silencer via an adaptor even better ;), dig a little deeper and get the full Hugget if you want to retain the short length (posted elsewhere) and according to reviews, the quietest available 8-)
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby Zero4k on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Duncan, very impressive work on your custom silencer 8-) did you make the baffles yourself or buy them - looks like delrin from the pics? Will you be using any foam or felt between the baffles?

I've never undone the 3rd grub screw on my Royale either, I read a post by Johnny a long while back about that and the resulting deformation of the brass breech if wrongly tightened.

Edit:
Useful / interesting info on silencers:
http://www.silencertests.com/forum/view ... d2fe9ed783
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby FGYT on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:47 pm

No i didn't make them unfortunately I don't have access to a lathe at the moment these are basic delrin thick washers just under 26mm dia (infact a 1" 25.4mm Washer would probably do )

I've only started with the curlers as spacers and the washers at the moment its now pretty quiet. I've swapped the large curler spacer to the middle now so the air space gets smaller as you go fwds if you include the shroud as part of the first baffle volume that is

I might try some scotch brite or felt in the shroud to slow the air down a bit before it comes out the hole

ATB

Duncan
FGYT

Postby FGYT on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:16 pm

update have Improved the NV kit and got wireless from Gun to goggles
and downgraded to a 6-24 x 56 scope to give more FOV at night

FGYT

Postby fatboy58 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if the Verminator MK2 in the 12ft lbs version also has a Smooth Twist barrel, ore is it a LW barrel ?

grtz,
fatboy58

Previous

Return to FX Gladiator/Verminator Mk2