Bleeding the Airtube

A place to share your tips and tricks for modifying your FX Airgun.

Bleeding the Airtube

Postby maxfusion on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 pm

just worked out a quick easy way to bleed all the air from your airtube on the t12
mine's a whisper but I guess it'll be much the same for a few of the FX rifles.

first remove the hammer spring etc, you don't have to remove the trigger assembly or hammer
just all the springs/weights etc.
then with a blunt tool (I used a quarter inch drive with extension) depress the hammer against the valve
big woosh and all the air out :)

have fun and take care
MF
maxfusion

Re: Bleeding the Airtube

Postby requoil on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 pm

I made a few airtube bleed screws some months since and thought I'd already posted them on here?

The one on the left has a small bleed hole at the side near the tip of the thread and almost the entire length has been drilled out to allow egress of air. This has been found not to be needed so you can see that the one on the right does not have this.
Attachments
FX2.JPG
FX2.JPG (42.83 KiB) Viewed 10249 times
FX1.JPG
FX1.JPG (41.05 KiB) Viewed 10251 times
requoil

Postby maxfusion on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:19 pm

how do you use them then?
they look like they'd be too short to fit where I bled mine from...

I will have to take some pics next time and post some stuff up here properly ;)
maxfusion

Postby requoil on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:03 pm

The bleed nut is screwed into the airtube at the exhaust end, then the M6 caphead is carefully screwed in.
FX1.JPG
FX1.JPG (34.95 KiB) Viewed 10193 times
The airtube has been detatched of course.
FX2.JPG
FX2.JPG (39.25 KiB) Viewed 10191 times

If I remember correctly the thread size is M12 x 1mm pitch.
requoil

Postby maxfusion on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Aha, it's one of dem dere removeable tubes :)

me ole whisper ain't removeable tho, hence my solution above ;)

cool invention of yours tho, and looking at it there's one to be made for the t12 I'm sure!
just needs to be narrower to fit in where the spring guide/tensioner removes from and screw it against the hammer for a more controlled release of air than my method :D

nice job requoil!
maxfusion

Postby requoil on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi there, I've never had hold of a T12 so I didn't know that the tube wasn't the same, sorry.

I should have looked into it a bit more before posting my reply.

Not having tried your method, doesn't it take a lot of force to open the valve? I have heard that dry firing some pcp's until they're empty can cause damage to the exhaust valve as the pressure gets really low, due to there not being much resistance to the hammer strikes.
requoil

Postby wyseyes on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:52 pm

maxfusion wrote:Aha, it's one of dem dere removeable tubes :)

me ole whisper ain't removeable tho, hence my solution above ;)

cool invention of yours tho, and looking at it there's one to be made for the t12 I'm sure!
just needs to be narrower to fit in where the spring guide/tensioner removes from and screw it against the hammer for a more controlled release of air than my method :D

nice job requoil!

I think you'll find that the airtube is removable, cos how did they get it on there in the first place.
The monsoon airtube unscrews the same way, the whisper is just a monsoon with a different bolt.
FX Monsoon .22 Fully Shrouded, Barska 3-12x40
FX Verminator .22, Leapers 4-12x40 SWAT
Benjamin Discovery .177, Barska 3-24x42
Damagedâ„¢ Gamo CFX .22, Leapers 3-9x50, GRTIII Trigger, PelletPal
wyseyes

Postby maxfusion on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Not to worry requoil, it's a thread about bleeding airtubes so your posts are just fine ;)
I drained the tube after being out shooting so I basically drained the tube from around 100bar so there wasn't actually that much resistance.
I could hold the tube in one hand and press hard enough to release the air with my other hand without placing the end of the tube on anything.

Wyseyes, it's not quite all Monsoon...it's a Typhoon/Monsoon hybrid from what I can workout.
There is a small bolt holding the main valve tube end onto the action and a grub screw in the action it'self.
I havent had the firing valve out yet so I can only assume it's a push-fit with these two scres holding it in place.
I've had the airtube off to put the extension and guage on, hence I found the bolt on the inside of the tube ;)
if you look at the T12 and Typhoon drwaings on the FX website you'll see a small hole below the main valve, altho they don't have the bolt listed that is where it goes.

MF
maxfusion

Return to Tips, Tricks and Tuning