WEBLEY SPECT8ER DA CUSTOM??

A place to share your tips and tricks for modifying your FX Airgun.

Re: WEBLEY SPECT8ER DA CUSTOM??

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:58 pm

requoil wrote:I posted a review of this interesting conversion earlier today but it seems to have gotten lost during the move!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sorry i dont understand, you did what? posted a review of this conversion??? does that mean you have seen it before? of am i missing somthing? :?:
:?:
FX SPECT8TER DA CUSTOM AND AA TX200HC CUSTOM
spectrecustom

Postby requoil on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi there, no, I read your conversion and posted a couple of comments such as "captions on one or two of the pictures would have been helpful", but overall I REALLY enjoyed reading it and think you have done a good job. Sorry if I sounded confusing but I posted a longer version of my comments after you posted it in the first position but when it was moved my comments and questions were lost, such as what is the significance of the two threaded connectors, one having a slightly longer thread?

ATB, R
Last edited by requoil on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
requoil

Postby ian johnstone on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Not my fault, Richard :? I aint moved anything yet today :)

& I'd better not attempt it now, as I'm just back from a big Pub Lunch :D
ian johnstone

Postby requoil on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Thank you Ian, its got to be my computer Gremlins then. Interesting post, and one many may be tempted to try. It's good to read about the snags and options from someone who has actually done the deed. Good on ya spectrecustom. :D
requoil

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:48 pm

got ya the longer thread connecter was to accomadate the air bypass tube on the front as it bolts between the action and the connector i didnt find fhis out till i got to my first order through and realised it wernt gonna be long enough
spectrecustom

Postby requoil on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:12 pm

spectrecustom wrote:got ya the longer thread connecter was to accomadate the air bypass tube on the front as it bolts between the action and the connector i didnt find fhis out till i got to my first order through and realised it wernt gonna be long enough

Thank you, that makes sense. ;)
requoil

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:33 pm

ive now added a little more detail on the pictures there were more bits but i cant find all the pictures yet

also why does the spectre say only fill 200 bar max and cyclone and gladiator say 220 any ideas ???
spectrecustom

Postby requoil on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Thank you for the extra captions and pictures. I see you sometimes use an air stripper but wish to fit a silencer, is it the stripper that holds the barrel shroud in place, and does the shroud do anything to help quieten the shot or is it just for aesthetics?
requoil

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:11 pm

the muzzle flip /brake air stripper or whetever it is was just somthing i had lying about its not needed for the shroud and nor is it fitted any more and the shroude was intended as purley as asthetic but im sure as its creating another barrer between the pellet and the ear i guess it may quiet it down a little but noise that comes out the end is loud without a silencer (especally when my poor mate with the daystate has possibly the quietest gun in the world when he shoots the others dont even notice...but when the spect8tre lets one go through the vally it sounds like a 22.rimfire :roll: i am open to suggestions on what silencer i should go for however price is a concern for me hence the whole build your own gladiator thing lol
spectrecustom

Postby requoil on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:29 am

Hi again, I find that the Weihrauch silencer to work quite well but from what you say you may be exceeding the sound barrier with your Spect8tre, which no silencer would quieten. Even though the sonic crack can not be reduced, the muzzle noise can still be greatly reduced BUT I do not know what power the Weihrauch is rated up to and you may be better off fitting something like a standard Parker Hale model, all steel with internal steel cups or baffles, these are not quite as quiet as some airgun silencers but are very robust and are not expensive, but if bought from a retailer must be sent to your nearest RFD I believe (If you are in the UK that is)

If you keep the pellets below 1000 ft/s you should see good results from most silencers.
requoil

PreviousNext

Return to Tips, Tricks and Tuning