WEBLEY SPECT8ER DA CUSTOM??

A place to share your tips and tricks for modifying your FX Airgun.

WEBLEY SPECT8ER DA CUSTOM??

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Hello all just thought ide share my project with you it started when a friend of mine said he had a air rifle that leaked air left and right since he left it in his conservatry and he was going to sell it after trying not to get too excited i casually offered him £50 and an old a/c unit as he said it was hot in his conservatory...he accepted :D and i then found out that the rifle was a webley spectre... :) my first impression was wow what a light gun however it wasent in good condition with a scrached stock and wouldent hold air . :cry: .First up was to get it to hold air ,i got on the phone to stacy at webley uk and she sent me a seal kit however in the mean time i had noticed that the fx cyclone was ultimatly the same gun :D so i first got a set of fx drawings and set about stripping my gun wich wasnt as bad as i thought it was altho i was very scared ..any managed to fit most of the new seals and then found that yep you guessed it it still leaked :oops: after a bit more investagation i found that the gauge was leaking i found a blanking plug at work and fitted that and it held up .so back on the phone to stacy and she sent me out a logun gauge which i fitted when it arrived i used the gun like it was for a few weeks but i felt my gun looked like crap so i with its skinny barrle so i found a peice of aluminum tubing at work that was the same size as the knurled nut on the end of the barrle i cut it to the right lenth and slid a few o rings over my barrle to center it i and used some black tactical putty to make a seal at the action end and then slid it on and tightend up the nut :D it fitted perfectly and i was happy well at least for another week ,that week i made myself a bipod using bit and bobs i had at work and a tube clamp from ebay.
first fit on the shroud
and then painted
new gauge
and diy bipod pre paint
close up
and painted with long legs
new and old stock
carefull!!
finished and a big smile
then back on the pod
Last edited by spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FX SPECT8TER DA CUSTOM AND AA TX200HC CUSTOM
spectrecustom

Re: WEBLEY SPECT8ER DA CUSTOM??

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:06 pm

then my friend went and got himself a daystate air wolf and again my gun looked like crap next to his ....right i thought i will find a way to make my stock look better so after a look on ebay i found a stock for a gun with a front air tube the same as mine and figured i could make it fit so i parted with my £40 and waited a week and when it got here i found that the inlet was narrower and shorter and didnt have a hole for the air gauge or space for safty and cocking mecanisem so i set about it with a set of craft chisles and a cordless drill and a power file and an hour later it fitted like a glove :D pleased with my sucess i went out shooting with my air wolf friend and didnt feel half as bad :D
spectrecustom

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:10 pm

my main problem now for reasons i wont mention was shot count as i didnt have a air cyclinder so i got back on the net and saw that the verminator and the gladator were again verry simmiler :idea: so i thought to myself i wonder weather i could fit the rear cylinder from one of them :?: so back to fx drawings and the gladiator section and started looking at what parts i needed ......ther wer quite a few :cry: however after a couple of trys on phone to deniese at deben and i got most of the bits not including the bottle the stock and pistol grip....that took much longer infact i still dont have a rear stock yet there not available from deben till mid march :cry: anyway i got back on ebay and found a bottle from an old theoben and payed my £25 i then found that i needed to buy the right insert from fx so again i wated for my bits including a h/s adjuster and and a h/w and also the spring and bits for the auto return on the cocking leaver and then sat at the kitchen table and set about the rebuild well all i can say is there was some head scratching and some swearing but i got it together :D .
the longer thread connecter was to accomadate the air bypass tube on the front as it bolts between the action and the connector i didnt find fhis out till i got to my first order through and realised it wernt gonna be long enough
the air bypass tube or whatever its called
rear bottle connector
hammer adjusters the right one is spectre and the left one was accdently sent to me by deben ther is a third one what i forgot to picture and now its fitted its like the right one onlynot as thick at the end to allow the rear bottle holder to screw in aswell
first fit
first fit only notice i ran copper pipe on wrong side dohh!
Last edited by spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spectrecustom

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:11 pm

however i had realised mid build that i didnt have the mag holding pin as i accdently had only ordered the little bit on the end not the hole thing and its differenet from the cyclone :cry: so i desided to set about the webley one with a grinder and grinding wheel and was happy with what i built as it looks i think even better than the orignal :D
my hybred mag locating pin ;)
and fitted hmm nice
Last edited by spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spectrecustom

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:15 pm

any way after setting it up with the rear bottle in 1 hand and the front assy in the other and sticking some pellets through the crono and adjusting the h/s accordingly i was very verry happy with the way it was behaving however it is very loud so i will need to get a silencer as the police man next door probly diddnt appreacate me setting it up at 21.30 at night so there was me pleased as punch ready for the final fit up and then i made an error that i wasent aware of until today when i joined this site i had not fitted the washer with the rubber fitted in to it on the rear so when i tightened it i heard a crack :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:turns out without that washer thing the bottle can get to close to the stock and damn i was so gutted i nearly through it out of the window there and then :roll: but i didnt and i will just have to deal with it so i lashed a rear makeshift stock on so i could finally take it out and i have a few ideas how to sort as i once fixed a stock for my mate with the daystate .. but thats another story any way i will update this post as my project grows and look forward to any input or thoughts you may have
still need stock :(
lashed one using a white grease tin and a old butt pad of an old gamo and a bit of aluminum oh yeah and about half a role of insulation tape
i no its a bit shocking but i just had to get out and play with it
Last edited by spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spectrecustom

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:20 pm

IF I HAVE POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG PLACE I AM SORRY AND COULD SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW AND WERE TO PUT IT?
spectrecustom

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:24 pm

UPDATE just brought a genuine verminator bottle off ebay so should be here nxt week :D nearly there
spectrecustom

Postby ian johnstone on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:30 pm

No its fine here, Bryan :) (cos' the end result dont fit in any of the above categories!)

Good post mate, I'll read it again later - there's a lot to take in 8-)
ian johnstone

Postby spectrecustom on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:39 pm

cheers its been emotional!
spectrecustom

Postby requoil on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:55 pm

I posted a review of this interesting conversion earlier today but it seems to have gotten lost during the move!!!!!!!!!!!!1
requoil

Next

Return to Tips, Tricks and Tuning