Diffence in precisions?

A place to share your tips and tricks for modifying your FX Airgun.

Diffence in precisions?

Postby Swede on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:18 am

Does anybody know if there is a deviation in precision when it comes to entry level models (such as T12) compared with the more expensive variants (Royal 400).

I'm focused on cal .22

Is there also something like an optimal velocity for every gun model (with regards to the precision that is).

Thanks for any shared knowledge ;-)
Swede

Re: Diffence in precisions?

Postby PolarWolf on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:26 am

The newer actions might have some potential for a bit more consistency due to their pre airchamber design. Otherwise, the "cheap" models don't differ much in build quality and components. Most accurate velocity depends on the pellet/ barrel combination. I find that the ST barrel likes a bit more speed for best results. A good rule of thumb for shooting JSB style pellets is around 275m/s to get decent results and tune around that figure for optimal results.

Of course it also depends what you're shooting at and at which distance. A rabbit might care less about where the pellet landed than a shooting match Judge...
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Re: Diffence in precisions?

Postby Swede on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:17 pm

...oh, better not shoot at the judge then ;-)

I'll start with getting a chronograph and test how the spread is affected.

I have found the FX-pellets to have the best accuracy so far (tested old ammo I had around), is JSB even better? What model for target practise?
Swede

Return to Tips, Tricks and Tuning