FX Pump rebuild.

A place to share your tips and tricks for modifying your FX Airgun.

Re: FX Pump rebuild.

Postby FXpoacher on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:33 pm

About 2 yrs old. I get about 30 shot's, then refill.
I must of used at least 35000 pellets!.
So it's done quite well!
FXpoacher

Postby Missed on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:41 am

Nice write-up!

One small point, from an engineering perspective, it is better to lube the "o" rings before fitting. The lube will help the ring to untwist itself after fitting. If the rings are fitted dry, and have a twist in them, they will fail prematurely.
Missed

Postby FXpoacher on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:14 am

That would be the case normally, but when you have to put a 8mm O ring in a 4mm hole to seat in a groove 2cms at the bottom, trust me it is easier to do when it is unlubed :lol: .
Like trying to pick up soap in a bath tub otherwise!
FXpoacher

Postby livewire on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Although an old post a very useful post.

I have searched the internet on overhauling my pump and this is all i could find. I also struggled to find anywhere to supply the spares.

I have contacted Tobbe, he's a fantastic guy and very helpful. I now have an overhaul kit coming my way, when it arrives i'll use this thread to assist me in the overhaul.

Andy
livewire

Postby poisedshot on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:34 pm

livewire wrote:Although an old post a very useful post.

I have searched the internet on overhauling my pump and this is all i could find. I also struggled to find anywhere to supply the spares.

I have contacted Tobbe, he's a fantastic guy and very helpful. I now have an overhaul kit coming my way, when it arrives i'll use this thread to assist me in the overhaul.

Andy

can i ask where did you find your overhaul kit from as i am in need of one aswell!

unfortunately i also need the pressure gauge too!

let us know how you get on with the pump rebuild :D
poisedshot

Postby livewire on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Email this man

info@luftvapen.se

The rebuild was alright, but...

The diagram that comes with the seals isn't the best. So take your time.

I found one original seal broken when stripping and i assume the position it came from but the one in the kit didn't match???

I cleaned the glass balls and popped them back in the base, i would advise you to screw the main pump back into the base but then invert it so it is upside down as not to trap a glass ball and break it as i did.

It cost 200 SEK which is about 19 GBP

Andy
livewire

Postby poisedshot on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:50 pm

livewire wrote:Email this man

info@luftvapen.se

The rebuild was alright, but...

The diagram that comes with the seals isn't the best. So take your time.

I found one original seal broken when stripping and i assume the position it came from but the one in the kit didn't match???

I cleaned the glass balls and popped them back in the base, i would advise you to screw the main pump back into the base but then invert it so it is upside down as not to trap a glass ball and break it as i did.

It cost 200 SEK which is about 19 GBP

Andy

Thanks for getting back to me regarding the pump parts and email address, it is much appreciated!
i have fired off an email to our Swedish friend so im looking forward to hearing a reply...

as far as the actual rebuild goes i will try and take what you had written above into consideration though im sure what isnt clear to me now will become clear when i disassemble the pump!

you may expect to hear back from me regarding the rebuild if i do encounter any issues :)

thanks again
Andrew.
poisedshot

Previous

Return to Tips, Tricks and Tuning