Lining up the Chrono

A place to share your tips and tricks for modifying your FX Airgun.

Lining up the Chrono

Postby Guipago on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:57 am

A trick I use to get a pellet over both of the eyes on the Chrono is to get the multi coloured pipe cleaners, wrap one about 160-180 mm on the rear upright stem & use a black marker to mark directly over the eye, you can then line up the horizontal cross hair with the pipe cleaner & the vertical in the middle of your mark, as long as the Chrono is lined up with the barrel, no more error signals! You could also put one on the front stem as well. See Ya! Geoff
Guipago

Re: Lining up the Chrono

Postby PolarWolf on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:42 am

I dun get it. Can you make a pictorial?
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Re: Lining up the Chrono

Postby Guipago on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:22 am

The chronograph's I've seen usually have a thin white covering that sits on small metal tubes at the front & back of the chrono ( as your looking at it ) to act as "clouds" so the photo-sensors get a shadow when the pellet goes over them to get a reading, the tubes holding these covers are usually two piece with a brass piece to joining them together, if you wrap a pipe cleaner horizontally between the rear set about 160-180mm up from the chrono & between the stems, then using a black marker pen, mark the pipe cleaner directly above the photo-sensor eye, with your scope set at it's lowest setting you can line up the mark & send the pellets directly over both photo-sensors to get good readings every time! Sorry hav'nt got the picture thingy worked out yet, yeah I know it's supposed to be easy, but you know :roll:
Guipago

Return to Tips, Tricks and Tuning