what pellets

FX Airguns also has its own branded pellets. Aside from these, please share your experiences with which pellets work best in your FX airgun here!

what pellets

Postby kriss on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:36 pm

hi everyone, i bought a used but nice 22 vermie about 2 weeks ago and decisoin was what pellets does it like as ive heard so many stories about what they do and dont like. first i tried some benjamin disoveries which it seemed to like then i tried som rws super h-point which it didnt like so much and my nephew says he used h &n ftt,s in his 177 and it loved them so people id like your advice please what pellets do these guns seem to really shoot well on and remember mines a 22 ? many thanks in advance, chris. ;)
fx verminator-22, gunpower storm-22, gunpower stealth-22, air arms s400 carbine-177,
kriss

Re: what pellets

Postby Zero4k on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum :D

Nice rifle you have 8-). Very hard to specify precisely the best pellet for your rifle, I'm assuming you are in the USA as you mention Benjamin Discovery pellets 14.3gr? Most people here recommend JSB Exacts or the FX version, these are well made16gr pellets and produce a higher power figure. I'm trying a few different ones just for the hell of it at the moment, the Crosman Premier 14.3 work well for me accuracy wise. Have a read through some of the posts, I think it's a case of trying a few and finding one you are personally happy with.

ATB, Ian
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby kriss on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 pm

hi ian, no not in the usa im in the uk but have good stock of benjamin discoveries which i bought about 2 years ago and my s10 loves them also. im going to try some h&n ftt over the weekend but was hoping my vermie would love the rws super h-point as i have about 15000 of them but will use in my other guns anyway. will see what the h&n do at weekend, atvb, chris
fx verminator-22, gunpower storm-22, gunpower stealth-22, air arms s400 carbine-177,
kriss

Postby Zero4k on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:38 pm

The S10 is also a superb rifle, had one myself. I think you could say you are fairly well stocked up on the RWS's...

Good luck with the H&N's, if you get the time it would be good if you could post your results and any opinion on how they performed.

ATB Ian
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:47 pm

It would be nice to hear how you get on..
The only advice i would give is to stay away from pointed pellets and dont go too heavy.. 14.3 aprox is just about right in my book for 12fp

ps, Good choice of gun 8-)
Graeme

Postby kriss on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 pm

many thanks graeme and ian and yes no probs ill let you know how i get on with the h&ns as out in the woods friday and sunday. ;)
kriss

Postby kriss on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:51 am

update guys on h&n ftt,s is they were pretty good at 40 yards but still tended to wonder now and again. i read a few posts where people were told to clean their barrels so i bought a cleaner and did just that and boy the gun is like a completely different gun and i can now use rws super h-point and at 40 yards hit the same spot time and time again. another problem i had was pellets cliping end of silencer (hw fitted) so i bored that out a bit on endcap cleaned barrel and boy what a gun. i think previous owner sold it cheap because he thought there was an issue with it he couldnt solve but now after bit of reading on forums a joy to shoot = happy me :D :D :D
kriss

Postby Graeme on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:47 am

kriss wrote:update guys on h&n ftt,s is they were pretty good at 40 yards but still tended to wonder now and again. i read a few posts where people were told to clean their barrels so i bought a cleaner and did just that and boy the gun is like a completely different gun and i can now use rws super h-point and at 40 yards hit the same spot time and time again. another problem i had was pellets cliping end of silencer (hw fitted) so i bored that out a bit on endcap cleaned barrel and boy what a gun. i think previous owner sold it cheap because he thought there was an issue with it he couldnt solve but now after bit of reading on forums a joy to shoot = happy me :D :D :D

Sounds great Kriss.. They are great guns.. Sounds like you had a Bargain !

There is one other tip that I have found to help accuracy, and one I'm going to be doing regularly. And that's to carefully remove the O' ring off from the mag, perhaps with a tiny screewdriver.. . put a small drop of SILICONE oil between your fingers and run it around the o'ring before reasembling.. obviously keep them clean too... try that and you may find its acuraacy will stay spot on.

It's a small tip but I think it may make a big difference.. If the O' ring is old and hard may be as well to replace it..
Graeme

Postby kriss on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:24 am

sounds like a good idea graeme and ive got some silicon oil left from my stealth so will do that now. speak soon mate ;)
Last edited by kriss on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
kriss

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:12 am

Excellent news Chris, just goes to show what a couple of small tweaks will achieve :D Maybe I should be looking for someone selling one cheap :lol:

All the best and happy shooting buddy :mrgreen:
Zero4k

Next

Return to Pellets