what pellets

FX Airguns also has its own branded pellets. Aside from these, please share your experiences with which pellets work best in your FX airgun here!

Re: what pellets

Postby kriss on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 am

Zero4k wrote:Excellent news Chris, just goes to show what a couple of small tweaks will achieve :D Maybe I should be looking for someone selling one cheap :lol:

All the best and happy shooting buddy :mrgreen:

hi ian, yep i know you are right. i wouldnt of believed cleaning a barrel would of made so much difference because even after boring silencer endcap out was still shoot bit hit and miss so was delighted when i took it up to the wood last night and spot on. just goe,s to show you are never to old to learn :)
fx verminator-22, gunpower storm-22, gunpower stealth-22, air arms s400 carbine-177,
kriss

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:51 am

I've tried not cleaning the barrel in between trying different pellets and cleaning it - can make a major difference. Some pellets leave more lead in the barrel than others, most likely if they are softer I guess or just plain dirty. I did try washing pellets once but that didn't improve things if I'm honest, if anything it made things slightly worse.

I generally use cleaning pellets, just fire a few through until they come out the same colour they went in. What cleaner did you get? I'm glad about not being too old to learn or I'd certainly be in trouble :)
Last edited by Zero4k on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby kriss on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:31 am

hi ian, dont laugh but the guy i bought cleaning kit of when i asked him what to use as cleaner his reply was, i use wd 40 and it works for me evrytime. i did think shall i sharnt i but to be honest my vermie has never been this acurrate. i wouldnt clean it after every pellet trial and now i know it loves the rws super h-point im sticking with them anyway. i did think id use bisley oil hence my question to guy who sold me the kit but am open to any sudgestions/recomendations you have . my nephew says clean it every 2000 pellets would that sound right ? atvb, chris. :)
fx verminator-22, gunpower storm-22, gunpower stealth-22, air arms s400 carbine-177,
kriss

Postby Zero4k on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:56 am

Hi Chris, the benefits of barrel cleaning seems to depend on the rifle, when I had my Superten I used Crosman Premiers exclusively after trying a few different makes, I rarely cleaned the barrel and that rifle was very accurate.

When I first got the Royale I ran a few felt cleaning pellets through the barrel to remove any oil / grease from manufacturing. Did a few pellet trials as you may have read on here looking for a combination of power and more importantly accuracy. I cleaned the barrel between trying different pellets, the dirtiest pellets were pre lubed Napiers - awful things.

WD40 is used by some people but there are differing views on it's use in air gun barrels - I've never used it myself. I've found the easiest way if you need to clean is to use a lightly oiled (not soaked) felt cleaning pellet fired through followed by 4 or 5 dry ones and it has worked well but it's not something I feel is needed often, I always remove the moderator or unscrew the end cap to save getting oil inside it. Only thing I have noticed is that it will take about 40 shots to get the POI back again. If I use dry cleaning pellets (which still clean well) the POI doesn't seem to change.

Having got your rifle superbly accurate I'd see how it goes, I'm trying mine at the moment without cleaning, roughly 400 pellets so far and no change in POI and neither have I noticed any pellet wobble through the scope :geek:
Zero4k

Postby kriss on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:07 am

hi ian, i still have a wicked s10 in bbk and just had a very nice lefthand stock made for it in american walnut and ive never cleaned barrel on that but spot on shot after shot. the only reason i cleaned barrel on my vermie was id read threads where people were having probs with acuracy and were told clean the barrel so i did and a completely different came out the other side. i suppose now i wont bother cleaning then untill pellets start missing the spot :) which i hope will be a long time away. to be honest this time last week i thought i hate this verminator and its going but just after reading about pellet clip and barrel cleaning id never sell the gun. just goe,s to show me i should slow down and read more :) many thanks ian for all your help and advice , speak soon, chris.
kriss

Postby Zero4k on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:27 am

Your S10 sounds very special, if you get a min maybe you could post a pic in the Other Airgun section :D

You did the right thing cleaning, it's a case of elimination when trying to find the cause of a problem like accuracy. The Verminator is a lovely rifle and will give you loads of enjoyment. I know how you must have felt when having the issues but perseverance and a little time I think has served you very well here 8-)

ATB, Ian
Zero4k

Postby kriss on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:42 am

pics now added in other airgun section :)
kriss

Postby Graeme on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:34 pm

kriss wrote:pics now added in other airgun section :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1331&p=7116#p7116

Very Nice 8-)
Graeme

Previous

Return to Pellets