Daystate Rangemasters

FX Airguns also has its own branded pellets. Aside from these, please share your experiences with which pellets work best in your FX airgun here!

Re: Daystate Rangemasters

Postby Graeme on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:20 pm

I understand your situation very well buddy, my Dad's 87 and I have to go over and do a few things for him these days, it'll happen to all of us in the end, he's around an hour from me so it's not really ideal....

Thankyou

I have most of the time a very good sense of humor and try my upmost.. It's all i can do.. it's every thing i can do.. To top off all mums problems, see's now very nearly blind.. Very depressing for her and me :| i/we have it 24/7 that's all i can say.
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Graeme wrote:Like you say the fps spread is v- good.. The only reason i sent my that barrel to somebody for Rapid fitting and porting is because i was told they can port it the same way ben T does.. Came back NOTHING like it...Sort of job you would do by putting the barrel on the ground and getting the hand drill out. If you have ever seen FAC porting done by ben you would know what i mean.. It's dished.. Slotted and very ever so lightly angled with the rifling..That's the sort of detail a lot of people would not even notice.. As it turned out despite the bsa barrel being 2" longer than the barrel i already had after fitting it i' LOST 50 fps and was very crude and unfinished.. To get it back on par i would of had to chop so much off it would of been to short for my needs.

I thought they did test with Biz Mags as a bench mark pellet ?

Have YOU THOUGH ABOUT GETTING AN fac.. Not really much hassle..so much more fun with ballistics to be had
Sounds like they really messed up with your barrel - hope you got something back from him / them, that's a helluva lot of power to lose!!

I don't know what pellets they use for testing, I read about them using 16gr pellets for sub 12 lb/ft which is why I was surprised when you mentioned the Bisley magnums as they are FAC rated pellets being 21.4gr in .22 caliber. Please correct me if I am wrong though, maybe you could ask the fire arms officer next time you see him...

Graeme wrote:Have YOU THOUGH ABOUT GETTING AN fac.. Not really much hassle..so much more fun with ballistics to be had
Bit of an overkill to cover you if your air rifle went just over the 12 lb/ft limit, but maybe it can be viewed as a type of insurance regarding that - I doubt it works quite like that though :? I appreciate what you are saying here regarding the ballistics together with efficiency etc. I will have to read up on them in detail before deciding 8-)

Check your PM's buddy ;)
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:02 pm

FAC officer is a lady :P I'll ask her as i don't know for sure' but thought they use the pellet most likely to have the highest fp in a pcp.. That being arguably the Biz Mag

Gave the BSA Barrel to a good friend.( Albob RIP). Was sick of the sight of it.. Must of been £200 down the pan, what with all the posting and machining etc Have to say though, dealing with John Bowket was an absolute pleasure.. His friend rang me to see how i was getting on with it.. He's sort of johns PA I suppose :lol: I was very embarrassed to tell him what I'd payed to have done to what was a very nice barrel till I'd got hold of it. :oops: :lol:

RANT OVER :D
wILL LOOK IN PM IN A BIT.. OUT FOR A FEW MINS :P

8-)
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:25 pm

I'd be grateful for the information when you ask the lady FAC officer, you may well be spot on with the pellet they use and if that's the case I'll get some so I can keep an eye on things properly.

Still a lot of money to lose. JB told me he bought a load of good BSA barrels so he'd always have a stock of straight ones. I met the guy you are on about when I delivered my rifle for blueprinting. I was going to do a bit of target shooting tonight but it's damn well raining again, dry all day then when I finish work it rains :x
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Will do.. She only lives just over a gun shot away.. Just another couple of fp and I'd be there :D

JB Friend think he's called Ray.. Not sure do you remember ?
I did manage to get in about 4 mags worth of targets with the Verminator today.. I checked if it kept zero through the range of scope magnifications and it does.. and its still grouping very nicely.

Think there is a heat wave coming so could be good for a spot of shooting what what 8-) :lol:
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:07 pm

:lol: @ gunshot away - I guess that's a pretty original way of getting her attention considering her profession :shock:

I've decided that tomorrow I'm going to do that 50 shot string I mentioned so hopefully I'll get the results up tomorrow evening, I'll also work out how many pumps to top up afterward :geek:

I don't remember the guy's name to be honest.... I'm looking forward to the heatwave with eager anticipation in that case :D
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Zero4k wrote::lol: @ gunshot away - I guess that's a pretty original way of getting her attention considering her profession :shock:

I've decided that tomorrow I'm going to do that 50 shot string I mentioned so hopefully I'll get the results up tomorrow evening, I'll also work out how many pumps to top up afterward :geek:

I don't remember the guy's name to be honest.... I'm looking forward to the heatwave with eager anticipation in that case :D

Reading that I think I'll see how many shots i can do with my Rapid MFR.. I've yet to actually see how many shots per fill it will do :oops: shot string coming up 8-)
There's not enough air in my bottle to fill her so I'll have to do a little pumping :oops: i'll start pumping now in time for tomorrow evening 8-) .. I'll just go for a kip after to get over it :o :D
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 pm

There ya go buddy, everyone is a pumper when the bottle inevitably run out, always good to have one as a backup anyway. I don't reckon you'd get too many shots at the power you are pushing out if it's the 280cc bottle, nice and easy to fill though, even for a southerner ;)
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:07 am

I have one small thing on my side to tip the shot count up a little though.. A Ben T regulator 8-) that has been tested to work at 600 Bar :D Not that i will be putting 600 bar in my gun.. That would kill me if all the pumping didn't.. The 280cc bottle will take 250 bar though with a very wide safety margin. The gun and reg are several years old now and i know Ben has moved on with reg design so it will be nice to see how it's holding out, gun ought to be due a service by now but its never put a foot wrong.. all my barrel swapping aside.. :oops:
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:57 pm

OK here we go, I decided to go for a 56 shot string just to be awkward....

I used two make of pellets, firstly the AA Fields, these are not good pellets but I wanted a comparison, they are made fairly well but the skirts are as soft as butter so there are a lot of deformed ones in the tin, some so bad I'd not use them. The Daystate's however are a lot better made - should be too for the price they charge. They use a thicker skirt and I've yet to find a deformed one....

The shot spread using the AA Field's was 23 fps, whilst the Daystate HE's it was only 7fps - that's a pretty big difference, some things are worth paying more for.

I topped the rifle up to 200 bar before each string, checking the gauge after each string, I had used 20 bar for 56 shots.

Pumping up after each spread from 180 bar to 200 bar took 35 pumps - not really such hard work.

I may well do another shot string soon using the JSB's and FX pellets......... I think I have a good idea of the outcome already though.
Last edited by Zero4k on Thu May 17, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zero4k

PreviousNext

Return to Pellets