Daystate Rangemasters

FX Airguns also has its own branded pellets. Aside from these, please share your experiences with which pellets work best in your FX airgun here!

Re: Daystate Rangemasters

Postby Graeme on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:37 pm

You dont sell Sun awnings on Ebay do you :evil: ? If you do pull your finger out.. I'm Getting Grief from Mum :lol:

[quote="Zero4k"]More .22 cal rifling results...

OK, left to right with figures in brackets from previous chrono sessions:

Crosman Premier 14.3gr (Av fps 580.42 - Av lb/ft 10.70)
Daystate Rangemaster LI 14.3gr (Av fps 573.25 - Av lb/ft 10.44)
Daystate Rangemaster HE 15.1gr (Av fps 582.50 - Av lb/ft 11.30)
FX version badged JSB Exact 16gr (AV fps 550.33 - Av lb/ft 11.42)

-----------------------------------------------
i Thought they were worth posting again 8-)
Pic number 2 looks to have the sharper fucus.. Nice to have a new toy.. 8-)

I'd not heard that about the ST Barrel.. not posted by a Mr. L walther was it ? :lol:
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Nope, haven't sold anything on Ebay yet, bought plenty though!

Yes number 2 is the sharpest, I was trying for very close up to show as much detail as possible. The camera isn't anything special, it's a Nikon coolpix from Amazon - had a good review on ephotozine.com. Most digital cameras seem to be cheaply made, non repairable consumable items unless you are talking very expensive, so I don't spend much on them anymore. I posted a link on your "Owners of the Full Power fx royal 400 .177" post about the ST barrels. Don't think there was a Mr. L walther reply on there :lol:
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 am

If it was just that little bit of chatter I'd not worry to much.. Was very tentative really and the only thing even slightly reserved I've come across..

Keep up the good work with the Camera.. This has just popped into my head so I'll share.. Have you thought about doing a down range test with your Pellets .. Would be interesting to see who retains energy more efficiently, 30m aprox would be good.. :?: I know havening 2 Crony's is ideal but your gun is very consistent.
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:02 pm

No worries :D
I'd love to try your suggestion but I've only got a Combro - I could probably get a pellet through it at 30 yards but I'd rather not tempt fate :lol: :lol:, I know it's accurate because I compared the results with a Chrony just after I bought it. I'm very impressed with the Combro for it's compactness and ease of set up too, worth every penny. Just looked on BAR, they have the Chrony F1 for under £100...... Maybe at some point then ;)
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:57 am

Combro at 30 yards :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

:idea: Mind you.. Should be good for £250 if you film it and send the tape into You've Been Framed ;) Buy your Chrony with the winnings. :lol:

I think i bought mine from Ebay for around £60 or was it £80.. long time ago though.. The printer i bought from The Sportsman
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Hell, you paid a lot, I got mine from the North West Gun Centre in Bolton for £39.95 late last year, even with the VAT hike they are listed at £40.80 on the Combro web site. I know they have been in short supply at times and some people seem to sell them at extreme prices due to that fact.... I didn't bother with a printer, was going to make a serial cable up to link into the laptop but just never got round to it.
Last edited by Zero4k on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Was on about the Crone'y (£60- £80 ) .. The Combro is far to small a target for me to hit :D

Shot another Fox last evening on the Rat farm 8-) .. i mean the chicken farm :oops: .. Should keep me in rat shooting and free Pork chops etc nicely.. 8-) not been there Ratting for several weeks.. Hopefully they will be rather large by now :D
Going to try the Cow barn/ Grain store again for an hour latter.. dog food and penuts tonight ;)

You off out any time soon ?
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:03 pm

OOPS! :oops: I thought you paid that for a Combro, has been known @ £60 before now.

Yeah keep the farmer happy, used to have a super shoot / permission years ago just outside a place called Nuneaton, mainly pidgins but included rats in the barns and buildings next to the stables where the hay was stored, loads of them - no bait needed, also crows and quite a few magpies too. Never saw many rabbits there though... Moved up here a few years ago and to be honest haven't had too much time to go and do the rounds and visit the local farmers to see if they needed anything sorting. I've mainly been target shooting and keeping the garden pest free together with looking for optimum pellet performance. Edit: Forgot to mention the club range I attend when time permits.

Talking of which, I have been reading that quite a few people are having extremely good results with Bisley long range golds, they are only 14gr but if they are anything like the Crosman Premier 14.3gr they will be superb!! I'm going to pick some up and I'll grab a tin of the Magnums purely for testing the power of the rifle, oh and I am going to try a box of the number 7 die Premiers to see for myself whether they are still as good - I'm collecting way too many pellets here :roll:. Expect even more shot strings....... But I'll maybe start another thread.
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:55 pm

I've seen add's with the Bisley long range gold but never come across anybody who's mentioned them let alone used them.. Interesting

Don't suppose you have any idea what Die number is good for Crosman .177 10.5g's.. :P
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:25 am

It's mainly on forums where people post their experiences of various pellets that I got the info on the Bisley LR golds, another one is the Falcon Accuracy PLus, only 13.4gr but comes in 5.52 - very light for a .22 - accuracy is supposed to be single hole capability, not sure how they'd fare on a windy day being this light but they may be OK, the Premiers can drift occasionally.

I thought your Premiers were die A and they gave good results? I don't think you have the choice these days, there only seems to be die 7 for .22 for sale.
Zero4k

PreviousNext

Return to Pellets