Daystate Rangemasters

FX Airguns also has its own branded pellets. Aside from these, please share your experiences with which pellets work best in your FX airgun here!

Daystate Rangemasters

Postby Zero4k on Sat May 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Decided to try a couple of different pellets - yeah OK I was bored :)

Read some pretty good reviews on Daystate pellets so bought a tub of The Rangemaster HE's and Rangemaster LI's for comparison.

One of the reason I like lighter pellets is the slightly flatter / straighter trajectory they give, the Crosman Premiers are from die number 1 and they are a few years old - I bought quite a few boxes of them after having good results but I'm on the last box now, I can only find die number 7 boxes currently and according to a couple of posts on another forum they are not as good.

The LI's lack a bit of punch compared to the Crosman's, why I don't know because they are very similar in design and the stated weight is the same - I don't own scales at the moment so I guess that's another purchase looming soon - this could really get out of control :geek: .

The HE's are superb in my opinion, they very hit hard even though they produce a slightly lower power reading than the FX and JSB's but I can live with that for the added velocity and a trajectory that is similar to the Premiers. They are also as accurate as the Premiers giving nice tight groups.

So for my own different types of shooting I'll be sticking with the FX / JSB's and Daystate HE's.

Anyone else compare different pellets or is just me?
Last edited by Zero4k on Thu May 17, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Re: Daystate Rangemasters

Postby Graeme on Wed May 11, 2011 12:22 pm

I'd like to :D Some very interesting results

Just looked under the box of prems I bought for a Die number.. Looks like I have the date (MAR 08 2010) and a large capital A ?
As for scales I did buy a set from e-bay for not a lot of money but no idea how accurate they are.. I'll have a play tonight.

Cheers Gra

ps feel a little like a stalker now :lol:
Was looking for your posts about your royal 8-) ..back to work ----------->
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Wed May 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks Graeme,

I don't know for sure how Crosman grade their pellets now, maybe the letters are used for .177 and numbers for .22 - seems logical. I read about a year ago that die number 2 was a sought after item for some shooters. I would guess dies wear over time with the thousands of pellets they produce so in effect the quality can change - correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Nothing wrong with cheaper scales - I won't be spending much on them I assure you and mine will be from the 'ol Bay. All you need is an accurate known weight so you can check / calibrate the scales if you think they may be out, I don't suppose they will be that far out though.

:lol: @ stalker, no worries buddy, just like you I just want to get the best from my gun so I glean as much information as possible. I rate FX Airguns very highly - I know there's been a few issues with one or two now and again, but trust me, there are other makes out there with far more serious problems if you go onto their forums and search :!:
Zero4k

Postby Zero4k on Thu May 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Graeme, Did you try out those scales you bought? Just wondering if they were these ones you chose: Scales
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Fri May 13, 2011 11:26 am

I got as far as getting them out :D Thanks for the link.. My wife just caught me staring at the pic's lower down the page :oops: :D
Mine are very similar, Made by Neva model number NVX from china :) .. Best results are obtained if you get them out the box and turn them on 5 or 10 mins or longer before you take your readings.. It gives the thing time to warm to room temp etc If you don't you may find variations if you re weigh things as it warms etc Comes with a calibration weight too.
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri May 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Yeah lol, I don't know what those ladies have to do with pellet scales or even why they are on there, hope you survived the beating :P

I'll look into them further before deciding. I'll also bear in mind what you said about powering them up for a while first, thanks for that ;) If I took part in serious competition shooting I'd buy a much better set but for the moment I can't justify them.
Zero4k

Postby Zero4k on Sun May 22, 2011 8:21 pm

Looked into these ultra budget scales in a little more detail, seems they are not that accurate but worse still they are not consistent. If you place a pellet on them it will give you one weight reading, then if you take it off and place the same pellet back on again, the reading can be different. That's not really a lot of use to anyone so it looks like a better quality set is the way forward - never harms to check these things out before purchasing.
Zero4k

Postby Zero4k on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Interesting, having whacked a load more pellets through the Royale, I am now getting the following with the Daystate HE pellets:

FPS - lb/ft
590 - 11.67
591 - 11.71
586 - 11.52
591 - 11.71
589 - 11.63
592 - 11.75
589 - 11.63
591 - 11.71
589 - 11.63
588 - 11.6
584 - 11.44
585 - 11.48

Av fps - 588.75 - Av lb/ft- 11.62

I have also had to lower the elevation by 8 clicks when using these pellets so I reckon they are a little flatter trajectory than a standard profile pellet...

The rifle is pretty consistent, OK there's a 6fps spread over 12 shots but that's not too drastic at this stage, I may do a 50 shot run and see what that produces at some point. I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKpKSshKMiI Results from polishing the hammer, appears to make the gun even more consistent.
I don't want to increase the power or I could end up with grief with not holding an FAC, but maybe this could be a small improvement - anyone done this or have any views?
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:38 pm

Can i take a rain check :) .. Sorry to be rude :oops: .. Wife is home with 2 of here friends that see's going go to a concert with.. i have no chance of piece and quiet

Bonjovi or is it take that.. Some rubbish anyhow :lol:

I'll edit this post tomorrow
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 pm

No problem, my Wife has just returned too and the two dogs are all excited :lol:
Zero4k

Next

Return to Pellets