Scope recommendations

FX also has a line of optics these days. Discuss these scopes here, or share wat works best on your FX airgun!

Scope recommendations

Postby Bridger on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:29 pm

O.K.........you have probably all been asked this question 100's of times :) but the scopes that came with my typhoon are Nikko Stirling mountmaster 4*32 Now these are very good for 40-50 metre work, but when i tried a bit of long range shooting today the focus was all over the place. Given a buget of £50-£100 what would you buy and why. :?
Bridger

Re: Scope recommendations

Postby raptorx on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Bridger,
do you want a fixed zoom or variable, a big one or a small one? What is your options in Denmark?
I can recommend:
http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=AGS16x56SWAT&cat=93 for 95,
sidewheel focus, 30mm tube for brighter image, mil-dot

http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=BsaSideFocus8&cat=93 I have this one, good value for money, but it is a bit expensive for your budget. not so bright, sidewheel focus, variable zoom, mil-dot, good overall.

or: http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=bushban624 Bushnell is Bushnell

HTH
FX Gladiator .22
Webley Raider 10 .22

(avatar: courtesy of Fender)
raptorx

Postby Bridger on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks for the links. In Denmark the scopes are so expensive, i can get a friend in England to get them far cheaper.
Ah well decisions, decisions, decisions, mmmmm :?
Bridger

Postby PolarWolf on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:04 am

Ah yeah, scopes. I tend to put relatively cheap chines scopes on my PCPs with one exception for my Walther LG300 which has a Big Nikko on it. The cheap chinese scopes generally work fine for my purposes. I've got three "big" chines scopes, a 10-40x60 ZOS which is quite nice, an 8-24x50 and an 8-32x56. One of the latter two is a bit of a lemon, but it works and it works fairly wel on an also cheap chinese QB79 with PCP conversion. I wouldn't recommend these scopes perse, I'm just saying that they work for me. Getting them is easy, they're all from eBay.

I've heard people mention that even "big" brand optics have problems with clarity ("milky") on high magnifications (worse; people have come to accept this as "normal", too!). Not so these chinese things. They stay clear at high magnification, even up to the 40x of the big ZOS. I guess all that expensive coating doesn't always help! ;)

In other words, theoretically you can't go wrong with a big name scope. Leapers, AGS, Bushnell, Nikko, Hawke, BSA, name it. But don't count out the cheapies either just because they come from china. They're a lot of scope for the money, and will do fine on a PCP.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby Bridger on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:36 am

Blew the budget :roll: bought a Bushnell Banner 6-24*40 mildot,just waiting for them to arrive now :D
Bridger

Postby raptorx on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Bridger wrote:Blew the budget :roll: bought a Bushnell Banner 6-24*40 mildot,just waiting for them to arrive now :D

congratulations, where did you buy it from, a friend of mine has it , very good indeed.
FX Gladiator .22
Webley Raider 10 .22

raptorx

Postby Bridger on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi raptorx...... got it from optics warehouse, the link supplied above in an earlier post. Many thanks.
Bridger

Postby raptorx on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Bridger wrote:Hi raptorx...... got it from optics warehouse, the link supplied above in an earlier post. Many thanks.

did they cut the VAT? they do it if they export items.
FX Gladiator .22
Webley Raider 10 .22

raptorx

Postby Bridger on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Raptorx.... they cut the vat but i had to pay Denmark tax and £16 delivery :o but even with that it was the cheapest i could find.
Bridger

Postby Bridger on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:41 am

Scope arrived this morning, what a fabulous service from Optics warehouse and the postal service, they were despatched Friday afternoon and got here safely :D time for a play :D
Bridger

Next

Return to Optics