Logun Solo

FX Rapier (Webley Raider, Logun Gemini), FX Ultimate (RWS Scimitar), Axsor, (Webley/Logun Axsor), etc.

Logun Solo

Postby emin-j on Fri May 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi All ,
Can someone explain where I find the power adjustment screw on my Logun Solo , I have followed the FX T12 stripdown which looks identical to my Solo - http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/air ... pdown.html
My Solo was only running at 9 ftlb and I adjusted the brass guide which preloads the Hammer Spring and the power increased to 10.6 ftlb according to my Chrono , however reliability seems to have suffered with the occasional misfire more of a Phuut !
I then noticed on the FX stripdown the poster made the comment - A good tip is to refit the stock screw into the block when you fire it over the chrono as otherwise you can't access the hammer spring screw.

From this comment it appears I may have adjusted the wrong screw and am looking for advice as to where to find the hammer spring screw the poster has mentioned.

thank you.
emin-j

Re: Logun Solo

Postby Solo1 on Sun May 23, 2010 1:23 am

There is a blind, slotted brass cap behind the adjusting screw; this has to be removed before you can access the adjuster. It is only meant for fine tuning though, it will not give big increases in power. You may need a new hammer spring.

I can't understand the stock bolt remark at all. That has nothing to do with the adjuster.
Solo1

Postby emin-j on Sun May 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Solo1 wrote:There is a blind, slotted brass cap behind the adjusting screw; this has to be removed before you can access the adjuster. It is only meant for fine tuning though, it will not give big increases in power. You may need a new hammer spring.

I can't understand the stock bolt remark at all. That has nothing to do with the adjuster.

Thank you Solo1 , the screw you mention is the screw I have been adjusting and the Hammer Spring was going to be my next purchase , I have emailed and PM'd FX Poacher but he hasn't answered as yet and I would like him to clarify the ' stock bolt ' remark .
emin-j

Postby emin-j on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi all, just having a look around the site and came across this post of mine and thought the outcome might interest you
I eventually reconned the whole Gun and replaced the complete internals,after rebuilding the power was still way down :cry:
then after another strip down I noticed the mark on the Barrel where the screw tightens on to was not exactly opposite the port in the Barrel which lines up with the Transfer port :o I then put a Pencil mark on the end of the Barrel in line with the Transfer port it was then obvious the two ports were not in-line so partially ' blanking off' the Air charge.
After re-aligning the Barrel the difference in power was obvious 8-) with a final adjustment with Bisley Magnums to 11.5ftlbs
this Gun has been excellent,could have saved myself a fair bit of Money if I would have spotted it sooner :roll:
Over tightening of a Silencer could possibly cause this Barrel movement so be warned ! ;)
emin-j

Return to Other FX airguns and related models