Cyclone/Spectre

FX Rapier (Webley Raider, Logun Gemini), FX Ultimate (RWS Scimitar), Axsor, (Webley/Logun Axsor), etc.

Cyclone/Spectre

Postby jjbel on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Just a quickie...

Is the FX Cyclone and the Webley Spectre identical guns? I know they look the same, but are all the workings Identical as well?
jjbel

Re: Cyclone/Spectre

Postby PolarWolf on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:36 pm

They differ in details. Ian should know, he has one, IIRC.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby ian johnstone on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:34 am

The Spectre had a blanked-off power selector & old FX style steel air cylinder (same dims) & that's it!
Everything else is the same :D I had Ben Taylor fit a barrel band to mine which involved fitting the new style cylinder cap (central boss).

Having the shorter air cylinder they are lighter than a cyclone and a few people in the UK chopped the barrels to make them true Carbines.
ian johnstone

Postby jjbel on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:17 pm

ian johnstone wrote:The Spectre had a blanked-off power selector & old FX style steel air cylinder (same dims) & that's it!
Everything else is the same :D I had Ben Taylor fit a barrel band to mine which involved fitting the new style cylinder cap (central boss).

Having the shorter air cylinder they are lighter than a cyclone and a few people in the UK chopped the barrels to make them true Carbines.

Thanks for the info Ian
My rifle is definately the Webley Spectre with the synth stock, but it does have the 3 stage power selector on the side.
My bro-in-law bought a second hand spectre from the local gun shop, a few weeks ago, his has the walnut stock and like you say the power selector is blanked off. My gun is about 5-6 yrs old I think, maybe some of the earlier guns had the power selector on them??
jjbel

Postby ian johnstone on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:22 am

I hadn't heard of any Spectres with the power selectors! Anyway they were/are a cracking bargain :D

Mine was part of the Webley bankruptcy stock (they were sold-off in multiples of 6, I believe) & mine in beech, cost me approx £380 8-) .

I've seen a few synthetic stocks floating around the secondhand market but never any wood stocks! (not a massive problem because its the same stock as the Cyclone so you could buy 'new').
ian johnstone

Return to Other FX airguns and related models