Odd accuracy problems with Logun Eagle

FX Rapier (Webley Raider, Logun Gemini), FX Ultimate (RWS Scimitar), Axsor, (Webley/Logun Axsor), etc.

Odd accuracy problems with Logun Eagle

Postby Lightning22 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi,

I was helping a friend set up his new (to him) Logun Eagle today on the zeroing range at the club. Once we dialled the scope into a rough zero we shot a few groups, or rather we tried to shoot some groups.....

It would put pellet on pellet for two of three shots before a shot would drop 2" low and 2" right, then 3" low and 3" right, before climbing back up the plate again and then repeating the pattern.

The rifle is a .22, using Air Arms Field pellets, we put it across the chrono and no problems there with a deviation of 16fps over a 10 shot string shooting around an average of 571 fps. It was shot with and without a moderator with no difference, I put a couple of magazines of tin Dynamics through to clear the crud from the barrel. Again no difference. The barrel support was checked, again no problems. I can't see the crown of the barrel due to the bonded on thread adaptor. Scope mountings were secure.

I've done just about all I can at the range, All I can think of is that possibly the magazine isn't lining up properly or that there is a problem with the barrel crown.

Any suggestions would be greatfully received.

Rich
;)
Lightning22

Re: Odd accuracy problems with Logun Eagle

Postby steveww on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:11 am

You could try fitting a different scope.
steveww

Postby ian johnstone on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:39 am

I think you already hit on the answer Rich!
I would put money on it being a Magazine & Indexing problem. (also very common with Daystates, I hear :o ) the only indicators would be minute shavings from the affected pellets round the breech.

The best way to test is to single hand load a couple of dozen shots.
ian johnstone

Postby Lightning22 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:17 pm

The scope is a nasty cheap thing, but there's nothing to move it's internals around. Next time I see the rifle I'll stick a Bushnell or Zeiler onit and see what happens.

The indexing system is manual, the click is very positive and there doesn't appear to be any movement, though I suspect alignment is going to be the problem. I suppose if the various chambers of the mag have differing degrees of offset it would explain the repeating pattern of inaccuracy.....

Is there a seal inside the barrel?

Rich
Lightning22

Return to Other FX airguns and related models