Axsor Gemini

FX Rapier (Webley Raider, Logun Gemini), FX Ultimate (RWS Scimitar), Axsor, (Webley/Logun Axsor), etc.

Axsor Gemini

Postby sarge on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:46 am

Hi Guys i am new to this web site.
Why is it that i can not find much information on the Axsor Gemini when i search the net? I have read about the history of the gun but there seems to be very little else available. I would have thought there would be more on the net about this gun seeing as it all started for the FX company with this gun.
I am in the middle of sorting out an air leak this is why i have been looking for a manual or some other technical information. Managed to get it stripped down eventually. Wish i had taken some pictures as a step by step guide as i was stripping it to help any one else out who may have to do the same to an Axsor. Was unsure what i was doing so did not, i still am unsure! Maybe take some as i rebuild it and post the pictures in reverse!
I have nothing but praise for this great gun and plan on keeping it for many years. Does any one else have one?
sarge

Re: Axsor Gemini

Postby ian johnstone on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:53 pm

The Axsor pre-dates FX itself and was made by 'CNC-PROCESS. AB' in Sweden. One of the big problems with finding info on the gun is that it was made for 'Webley & Scott' then 'Webley' then 'AGS' then....no-one! As Webley kept going bust I assume a lot of support & Tech. Info. went with them.

I believe Webley now consists of a few sheets of paper in a Swiss Lawyers filing cabinet :(

The Axsor has some similarity to the FX2000 but be careful with things like the magazines - the Axsors use a different size mag pin.

Have a look around Chambers website (http://www.gunspares.co.uk) they have most of the spares.
ian johnstone

Postby sarge on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Hi Ian.
Thank you for your reply.
Finally managed to get it back together. A couple of things i have learnt are:
1) Strip and put the gun back together on the same day. There was a couple of days between stripping it and rebuilding it. Got me thinking a bit!
2)When pushing the two brasses out from the middle of the tube be carefull not too push to hard like i did. The brasses came flying out together which left me wondering how they went back in!
Just one more question for you. Is it the lighter pressure you have on the hammer spring the less power? It is coming out way under power now. Just need to adjust the power and i will be ready to get out and about.
When stripped the large "o" rings on the brasses in the tube where in very bad condition. Going to leave it over night to make sure that it holding its charge.
sarge

Postby ian johnstone on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Sounds like you're winning!

Yes, generally the hammer spring is wound-in or more pre-tension is applied, to increase FPE.

(http://www.gunspares.co.uk) will have all the spare parts, 'O' rings etc & they probably know as much about the Axsor as anybody.
ian johnstone

Postby sarge on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi guys i still have a small air leak. Empties its self in about 2 days. I put a balloon over the cylinder end and it seems to be coming from there. I replaced the large "o" ring but still leaks. Any one know how i would go about stripping the cylinder end plug so that i can change any seals in there??????
sarge

Return to Other FX airguns and related models