Royale problems

FX's latest models. The multishot Royale and the singleshot Elite

Royale problems

Postby bullrider on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:50 am

I just bought this gun. It will not advance the magazine after the 1st shot. It will alow you to cock it back but will not allow the lever to close. I tried 2 different pellets as well as reloading magazine several times. It was shooting supposedly when I received it from the dealer. I had the dealer mount and zero the scope as well as having different pellets shot through it to determine best shot string. The manual suggests that the cocking lever could be bent. It does not appear to be this way to me. I hate to box it and send it back already. If anyone can help me I sure would appreciate it.

Rick
bullrider

Re: Royale problems

Postby ian johnstone on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:20 am

Hi Rick, I'm hoping PolarWolf will be along in a minute - he's our engineering wizard & he has a Royale.

Hang on in there!

Does it cycle OK without the Mag fitted?
ian johnstone

Postby bullrider on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:36 pm

It will cycle without the magazine ;) . It is just when it is installed that the problem occurs. I am flustered.
bullrider

Postby ian johnstone on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 am

I think help is on its way ;) (I've messaged PolarWolf)

Meanwhile grab the FXinstructionmanual.pdf (all guns covered) from:

http://www.fxairguns.com

(under downloads)
Pages 5 & 6 may be some help.
ian johnstone

Postby PolarWolf on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:45 am

Aaaah, just arrived in Lapland...

I'm told all rifles are tested as a package when they leave the factoy, so it should work. The shop also tested it, so it should work. I also don't see a technical reason why the symptoms you experiencing should occur. I've had magazines which wouldn't index unless I gave it a good whack, but some extra tension on the spring solved that. I have an idea though...flick open te manual and check if you're actually loading the magazines as it should. Because it sounds to me like you're not ;)

In short, turn the clear plastic thing against the spring until it won't go further. Drop a pellet into the only hole visible, skirt first so it locks in place. Then while turning the clear plastic thingie to each hole, drop a pellet in each hole head first. You should end up with a spring loaded magazine which indexes on its own when a pellet gets pressed out. You can test this outside the gun so you can see what's happening with a thin rod to push the pellet out of the magazine.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby johnny on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:05 pm

I had the same problem when I got my new rifle and it was because I had not read the manuel like I should have (too excited I guess ) to learn how to properly load the magazine. I fiddled with it for some time before I got it all together. Works like a dream now. Actually, I feel the mag is designed pretty well. Maybe that is why they are SO expensive. I have two for a smooth loading/shooting pace.I love this rifle.
johnny

Postby bullrider on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Very excited! I have discovered the problem. I was loading it correctly. I spoke to Kip at AoA this morning. He as you guys have indicated that there should be tension on the spring when loading magazine. I realized that I felt no spring tension even though the mag was loaded properly. It turned out to be the little screw in the center of the magazine was to tight. This was keeping the spring from rotating the shield. I loosned it and what do you know it WORKS. I REALLY APPRECIATE this forum and the individuals who helped me with the problem. I also am giving Kudos to Kip at AoA for his patience with me. Now the coyotes that are around my barn and horses have a contract (Hit) on them. :idea:

Rick
bullrider

Postby ian johnstone on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:12 am

Great, an easy, simple fix :D

Rick, that goes in the Knowledge Base here, so thank you (& Kip) for sharing it.

8-)
ian johnstone

Postby bullrider on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:43 am

Ian, look forward to interacting with all you fine blokes in the future. I invite any of you folks to visit when in the USA. I live in the eastern part of Tennessee. I am in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. This is part of the appalachian mountain range. Hunting is superb. I raise horses and am a old rodeo guy. I also am a transported Welshman.

Rick Davies
bullrider

Postby jamieinmd on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:47 am

Only issue with mine is that I'm running out of targets. :D
jamieinmd

Return to FX Royale/Elite