Royale silencer / moderator

FX's latest models. The multishot Royale and the singleshot Elite

Royale silencer / moderator

Postby Zero4k on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:04 pm

Having looked closely at the drawings posted by JohnnySweden, it seemed the Royale had an air stripper, without removing the silencer it was impossible to verify, here's the silencer with the end cap unscrewed on the left. I created a makeshift barrel inspection light using an old Ford dash bulb and a couple of lengths of wire, hooked it up to a 12 volts supply - the photo on the right showing the results:

Image Image

Interesting, there's an 8 hole air stripper inside as I thought, this combined with the end cap design, is actually pretty effective. There seems to be more than one end cap design though! The pic on the left is mine and the one to the right is a still taken from a video on youtube Edgun Matador vs. FX Royale Pt2
Image Image

Anyone know why there is a difference between the end caps? To my thinking the one on the right would be more effective....
Last edited by Zero4k on Thu May 17, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
FX Royale 400 .22 - FX Verminator MKII .177
Zero4k

Re: Royale silencer / moderator

Postby Graeme on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Just wandering what the internal distance from the stripppper (Had to work round the wife's naughty boy security settings on that one :lol: ) to the baffle is ? Great Picks by the way.

Tell you ! the Guys on the NNNNNNaughty Boys Site think I have a stutter :lol:

:D
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Cheers Graeme, I'm slowly getting the hang of the camera :D. Here you go buddy, much altered from FX drawing with additions, technical drawing skills are not one of my strong points and it is not to scale either - stripper included just for you ;)

You can work out all the dimensions from the above hopefully, all measurements are without the end cap on.
Last edited by Zero4k on Thu May 17, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero4k

Postby Graeme on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:51 am

Sorry it took so long to reply to this one.. Easy enough to work out.. Tanks :)

Only wish i had a lath to have a play.. Perhaps have an expansion chamber isolated from the pellet beyond the AIr-striper :lol:
Need to get the pellet away from the expansion chamber.

I'm staring to ramble again :lol:
Last edited by Graeme on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graeme

Postby Zero4k on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:40 am

Watch this space buddy, similar thoughts regarding the expansion chamber, just planning on the best approach as it's a bit tight in there - keyhole surgery time ;)

EDIT: Tried a couple of ideas, but it appears if you seal off the expansion chamber in any way even using foam you lose power. Went from 11.6 down to 10.8 average using the same pellet so it's quite a loss we are talking about. Moral as quoted in many other places - if it ain't broke don't try to fix it!
Zero4k

Postby pirellip on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:12 pm

I have a full power Royale 400, and to help lessen the sound, I've added a plastic curler roller, with some scrub pad wrapped around it. This goes in front of the air stripper. It doesn't reduce the power output, but does help reduce the noise!
pirellip

Postby Zero4k on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Thanks for posting pirellip, maybe the scrub pad being less dense than foam doesn't affect the air movement from the expansion chamber as much. I'll do a bit more trialing at the weekend using your suggestion. Out of interest, what type of end cap do you have on your Royale? There appears to be two types as I mentioned earlier....
Zero4k

Postby jamieinmd on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:18 pm

I have an FT version and wish to add onto the 6 in shroud I already have for a more back yard friendly gun. I was wondering if such an extension exists ? Any ideas? I want to keep the gun stock and just add the moderator when needed.
jamieinmd

Postby jamieinmd on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Here is the pic of my gun.........
Attachments
IMG_0511 (1).JPG
400 FT
IMG_0511 (1).JPG (89.26 KiB) Viewed 8137 times
jamieinmd

Return to FX Royale/Elite