Under power verminator

FX's "TDR" or "Take Down Rifle". Biathlon style sidelever action in a small package.

Under power verminator

Postby Rigwallet on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Well,well,well sent my vermi back to ASI through my gunsmith stating it was under powered and I wanted a gun that shoots 11.9 ftlbs or my money back as I had chronoghraph and my gun was shooting 10.3 with 16 gr pellet. Well ASI said they had it at 11.3 with 16 gr but i told them the leaflet that comes with the gun States its power levels are 9,11 and 12 so they have agreed to ajust my gun and return it shooting the power stated. Why do FX make such brilliant guns then let themselves down on the power side. Must admit this is my second FX but will defiantly be my last. Gonna stick with day :idea: :idea: state or air arms who's power I've had no problems with.
AA S200 mk1, S410 mk1,login gladiator mk1, fx verminator mk2
Rigwallet

Re: Under power verminator

Postby cyclone sniper on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:18 pm

has to be something simple causing the low power ??????
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Postby Rigwallet on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:14 pm

cyclone sniper wrote:has to be something simple causing the low power ??????

Yes it must be but there are many vermi owners with same problem so FX should look into it trouble is I've looked far email contact but can't find one.
Rigwallet

Postby jackdaw on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:50 pm

my gun and it must be all verminators and unregulated pcps set at 12 ft lbs they only reach there full power when the pressure in the gun is at about 140 bar . that is the top of a power curve . when the presure is above 140 bar say 190 bar the hammer dosent have enough energy to open the valve fully so the pellet dosent get enough air behind it for it to reach 12 ft lbs .when the air is below 140 bar say 90 bar there is not enough air with enough pressure behind the pellet for it to reach 12 ft lbs . . So shooting the gun between 155 bar to 120 bar about .is the best for me my gun shoots at 11.5 it looses a bit of power through the breach seal so my gun is shooting at 11.2 right now i cant be bothered to change the breach seal on my gun it does wear out a bit quick .
jackdaw

Postby Rigwallet on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:37 pm

jackdaw wrote:my gun and it must be all verminators and unregulated pcps set at 12 ft lbs they only reach there full power when the pressure in the gun is at about 140 bar . that is the top of a power curve . when the presure is above 140 bar say 190 bar the hammer dosent have enough energy to open the valve fully so the pellet dosent get enough air behind it for it to reach 12 ft lbs .when the air is below 140 bar say 90 bar there is not enough air with enough pressure behind the pellet for it to reach 12 ft lbs . . So shooting the gun between 155 bar to 120 bar about .is the best for me my gun shoots at 11.5 it looses a bit of power through the breach seal so my gun is shooting at 11.2 right now i cant be bothered to change the breach seal on my gun it does wear out a bit quick .

Didn't know that, thanks far the heads up my next gun will have a regulator.
Rigwallet

Postby jackdaw on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:06 pm

when i shoot my vermiator only over the top of the power curve i get well over 50 shots .if i shoot my hw 100 it is about the same . I have not done an exact count of shoots cant be bothered .A regulator is not the be all and end all it has its problems .I think the shot cycle of the verminator over the top of the power curve is better than the hw 100 .The hw 100 has to be regulated there is only a small air cylinder. the hw is an excellent gun just try to show you the difference . a theoben mark 2 with is regulator is good because the air cylinder is the same as the verminator but with the regulated theoben you get a stupid amount of shots . with the theoben mark 1 unregulated it will be about the same as the verminator ..
jackdaw

Return to FX Verminator