Can't screw on air bottle

FX's "TDR" or "Take Down Rifle". Biathlon style sidelever action in a small package.

Can't screw on air bottle

Postby drfishstick on Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:02 pm

I've owned the Verminator for one month and the air bottle will no longer screw into place. I believe the threads are damaged. I have been very careful when assembling the gun, never use force, screws in at slight angle. Is this a common problem? I expected better quality when I spent $2400.
After it's fixed I plan to leave the air bottle attached at all times, in hopes of not damaging those threads again. Is this a good idea? or will it create a new set of problems?
0.22 Verminator Extreme with Huggett shroud
drfishstick

Re: Can't screw on air bottle

Postby Suffolk Rifle on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:43 pm

This side of the pond, the threads aren't covered by warranty, so most of us keep the bottle on ;)
.177 walnut stocked Cyclone Carbine
.177 mk1 Vermy
.177 walnut stocked L/W Typhoon
.177 synth stocked S/T Typhoon
Suffolk Rifle

Postby drfishstick on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Good to know, I'll keep it put together when I get it back. I sent it to the shop I bought it from. I'd like to ask the maker (FX) why they don't fix this flaw in design.
0.22 Verminator Extreme with Huggett shroud
drfishstick

Postby Rigwallet on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:16 pm

My gun just back from A-S-I after being under powered and I am also having trouble screwing bottle on. I wished I had never purchased an fx no wonder they don't have an email address as they would need to employ many people to answere the complaints. Well I'm taking my complaint to trading standards to see if they will help me get my money back
AA S200 mk1, S410 mk1,login gladiator mk1, fx verminator mk2
Rigwallet

Postby cyclone sniper on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:29 pm

drfishstick wrote:I've owned the Verminator for one month and the air bottle will no longer screw into place. I believe the threads are damaged. I have been very careful when assembling the gun, never use force, screws in at slight angle. Is this a common problem? I expected better quality when I spent $2400.
After it's fixed I plan to leave the air bottle attached at all times, in hopes of not damaging those threads again. Is this a good idea? or will it create a new set of problems?

if it screws on at an angle its been cross threaded :(
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Postby Rigwallet on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:10 pm

cyclone sniper wrote:
drfishstick wrote:I've owned the Verminator for one month and the air bottle will no longer screw into place. I believe the threads are damaged. I have been very careful when assembling the gun, never use force, screws in at slight angle. Is this a common problem? I expected better quality when I spent $2400.

Actually it's suppose to screw on at an angle you get a sheet with the gun highlighting this with a picture of the gun and bottle. ;)
Rigwallet

Postby cyclone sniper on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Rigwallet wrote:
cyclone sniper wrote:

Actually it's suppose to screw on at an angle you get a sheet with the gun highlighting this with a picture of the gun and bottle. ;)

awh so both threads are at an angle lol :lol:
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Postby Rigwallet on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:29 pm

Photo worth a thousand words
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (158.23 KiB) Viewed 7320 times
Rigwallet

Postby Rigwallet on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:29 pm

Photo worth a thousand words
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (158.23 KiB) Viewed 7320 times
Rigwallet

Postby Rigwallet on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:11 pm

Well I've just got a reply from A-S-I stating there is a problem with the screw machanical but is caused by owners trying to connect bottle and not at an angle. Well I don't believe this to be the case so I'm looking to take my complaint further and to the Swedish embassy. Lol but seriously I am I'm not paying £10060 far a piece of junk so FX hope you read this and get ready as my MP and many other people in such authority know me from previous action on different matters. I will update you as I get replies from the appropriate authorities.
Rigwallet

Next

Return to FX Verminator