cant fill the gun at all.....

FX's "TDR" or "Take Down Rifle". Biathlon style sidelever action in a small package.

cant fill the gun at all.....

Postby actionman333 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:06 pm

The air bottle has been off of my verminator (empty) for a few weeks,put it on today and tried to fill it (via dive bottle) and the air seems to come straight outve the barrel,i tried doing it slowly,quickly and giving it a full blast but nothing worked.I then put my finger over the barrel (thinking the pressure might help if something was stuck) and the air did start to go into the buddy bottle but was also still leaking outve the pellet end of the barrel and when i took my finger off it just emptied ..... i have been told that because the gun was "dry fired" by Royal mail (when it was sent to Belfast for testing due to them being a bit anal about postage) it has probably damaged the main valve pin,valve seat and 'O' ring,before ordering the parts i thought i would ask for advice on here as well? thanks for any advice chaps :0)
"he's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!"
actionman333

Re: cant fill the gun at all.....

Postby cyclone sniper on Thu May 01, 2014 6:08 pm

sounds like main valve 0-ring , strip it down and have a look before you order any parts
FX cyclone .22 FAC,
cyclone sniper

Re: cant fill the gun at all.....

Postby actionman333 on Sat May 03, 2014 9:31 pm

thanks for the reply,it turns out the pin was just stuck (no back pressure maybe?) i placed my thumb over the end of the barrel and gave it a blast of air continuously untill the valve started to seal and it filled the buddy bottle to 100bar and it stopped dumping the air out....then i found i couldnt release the pressure on the whip as the air cylinder seal had also stuck open,so i then had to release all of the air from the gun through the dive bottle release valve (scary stuff LOL) I removed the cylinder and took the valve out and cleaned it,put it all back together and it held pressure at 150bar over night (i put a couple of Durex over the barrel and air cylinder to check for leaks as i didnt have any balloons hahaha)...topped it up in the morning to 160bar and went for a walk around the farm for an hr,no loss of air,works like a dream,and 3 rabbits for the pot. Thanks
"he's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!"
actionman333

Return to FX Verminator