adjust power

FX's "TDR" or "Take Down Rifle". Biathlon style sidelever action in a small package.

adjust power

Postby top on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:30 am

Hi my vermin is shooting slightly under power at 10+ and want it at around 11.5 can anyone tell me how to do it?

Re: adjust power

Postby PolarWolf on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:47 am

top wrote:Hi my vermin is shooting slightly under power at 10+ and want it at around 11.5 can anyone tell me how to do it?

You'll have to get to the hammer spring...which can be an challenge :) You need to remove the block in which the rear bottle screws. It should pretty much speak for itself on how to remove and reassemble it, but for the love of $deity, be careful with the brass tube.
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby top on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:48 pm

Ok mate ive taken my rifle apart to clean and lube it but i would'nt know what a hammer spring looked like if it hit me in the face.

Postby PolarWolf on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:03 pm

top wrote:Ok mate ive taken my rifle apart to clean and lube it but i would'nt know what a hammer spring looked like if it hit me in the face.

Well...

If you remove that thingie in which the bottle screws and look into the butt of the rifle, you'll likely see a bigass nut with a hole for an alan key. If you give that a turn (might be loctited, so break that first) the hammer spring gets more tension, ergo, you get more power. Presto! Just do it carefully and stay on the legal side of things!
Webley FX2000 .22
FX T400 .25
FX Monsoon .22 Walnut
FX Cyclone .177 Regulated
FX Biathlon .177 Regulated

I've had:
Pretty much every model FX made :)
PolarWolf
Site Admin

Postby top on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Ok mate thanks alot ive just got to get the bottle up to do it now.Thanks alot mate.

Postby fxfrank on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:07 pm

what power can be achieved by a spring tension ?
fxfrank

Postby Agent 47 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 pm

PolarWolf wrote:
top wrote:Hi my vermin is shooting slightly under power at 10+ and want it at around 11.5 can anyone tell me how to do it?

You'll have to get to the hammer spring...which can be an challenge :) You need to remove the block in which the rear bottle screws. It should pretty much speak for itself on how to remove and reassemble it, but for the love of $deity, be careful with the brass tube.

Can anyone tell me how the block is removed?
I really need to lower my power and have no clue why it is over...

Cheers Kev
Agent 47

Postby Aerovolix on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Agent 47 wrote:
PolarWolf wrote:

Can anyone tell me how the block is removed?
I really need to lower my power and have no clue why it is over...

Cheers Kev

No worries, if you want to remove the block, just unscrew it...But there is a trick. The block is secured to the rear side of the rifle via a small allen screw....inside a small hole. If remember correctly it must be a 3mm or a 2mm allen screw.
Before you unscrew make sure you make distance measurements, so you may assembly your rifle correctly again.

Best Regards
George
One Man
One Gun
One Shot
One diiing

FX Gladiator 5.5 R.SS, Hawke Eclipse SF 6x24x50
Aerovolix

Postby Agent 47 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:41 pm

That has helped me out millions and thanks for your reply...Cheers Kev
Agent 47