Problem with the automatic cocking.

The "other" semi-auto airrifle from FX.

Problem with the automatic cocking.

Postby sundaze643 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:42 pm

Hello my friends..
I am an Fx-monsoon-owner from greece and I need a little help!My gun is brand new and I have a problem :cry: .
I fill the gun with 200bar air pressure and I begin to shoot.At the second magazine or the third,sometimes the gun shoots,but the breech doesn't cock the hammer.Of course the magazine has many pellets left.So I must to cock the breech from the lever with my hand.The gun has enough pressure and should work correct.
Do you have any ideas about my problem?The gun is 5.5 and shoots with 27-28 ft/lbs.
Berkut.
Nighthawk.
Walther cp88 nickel.
Walther cp99 compact bicolor.
Walther cp99-laser-Brocock silencer.
Umarex 850 AirMagnum .177-Leapers 3-9x32AO.
FX Monsoon synthetic .22-Hawke VarmintII 3-12x44AO.
sundaze643

Re: Problem with the automatic cocking.

Postby wyseyes on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:35 am

Helloo

I've had the same problem, as well as it going full auto due to it needing a tune.
The guy who tuned it back to perfect said that the monsoon has some hard and fast rules-

Don't use more than 200Bar
Stick with a known pellets which has good performance (JSB Exacts, Wolverines etc)
Put only 2 x 12 mags through, then reload the air to 200bar.
Get it tuned and cleaned about every 1000 pellets.

I understand there is a thin tube which grabs a bit of the waste air from the front of the barrel, and sends it back to recock the action. If that tube fills with lead dust, then it won't always recock.
If the air pressure gets lower than 24 pellets, it may not cycle properly.
FX Monsoon .22 Fully Shrouded, Barska 3-12x40
FX Verminator .22, Leapers 4-12x40 SWAT
Benjamin Discovery .177, Barska 3-24x42
Damagedâ„¢ Gamo CFX .22, Leapers 3-9x50, GRTIII Trigger, PelletPal
wyseyes

Postby sundaze643 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:48 am

Thank you for your answer my friend..The strange thing is that the gun is really new and I haven't shoot more than 100 shots.If I shoot many shots,will it propably healed?
Also I have asked 2 more people about my problem,and they told me that their monsoon hasn't never such a problem.
I don't thing that the pellets are my problem,because I shot with 3 or 4 types and I had the same problem..
Should I sprey the mecanism with silicone lube?The spring from the cocking lever is realy hard to pull back with the hand..
You say that I must shoot only 2 magazines and then reload again from.Does the monsoon need very high pressure to work without problems?It sticks many times as I dry shoot also..
Finally,when I hold my gun and I rotate it,I hear a spring in front of the bull barrel.Is this normal?
Thank you very very much!!Mario
Berkut.
Nighthawk.
Walther cp88 nickel.
sundaze643

Postby wyseyes on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:41 am

My monsoon is also hard to cock by hand, that spring is very strong. I believe it needs to be to make the semi-auto work.
I received my monsoon from someone else, so I don't know how much they used it. If it is new, there may be an excess of lubrication which is causing some problem?
I believe the reason for sticking with the same pellets is more of a pellet weight and skirt size issue - not too light or heavy, and known sizes that fit nicely and don't cause trouble with the blowback for re-cocking.
The pressure is required to be high enough to ensure enough air gets back down that tube to recock the action. That's why he said to only use for 24 shots. I have used for 36 though, didn't seem to have any problems.
You can unscrew the plate at the end of the barrel, it will screw off so you can look down the overbarrel suppressor. There you will be able to see the actual end of the barrel, and the return tube. Maybe you will also see this spring, and maybe it could be the cause of your problem.
wyseyes

Postby sundaze643 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Thank you for your help...
I sent a mail at the fx and they told me that:
''...To me it sounds like your Monsoon is to powerful and because of that it sometimes doesn`t reload....''
I hope they are right...
Berkut.
Nighthawk.
Walther cp88 nickel.
sundaze643

Postby sundaze643 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 pm

Everything that wyseyes says,are correct but for a used gun.My gun is pretty new and shouldn't have these problems.Does anybody know how a new gun works wrong?If I had a chrony,maybe I had solve my problem. :cry:
Today i filled it with 200 bar and at the first magazine,at the fourth shot,the breech didn't cock the hammer.So I cocked it with my hand.Then until the third magazine,the gun worked great!At the fourth magazine the pressure was at 100 bar and the breech didn't cock the hammer at every shot.So I filled it again and I shot 3 magazines without problems.Strange..
Fx things that my gun is extremly powerfull but if it was powerfull,then at the third magazine the pressure should be less,not 120 bar..I see that when I shoot the third magazine,the pressure is at 120 bar.Could anybody else help me?

PS:Does ''dry shooting'' harm the monsoon?
Berkut.
Nighthawk.
Walther cp88 nickel.
sundaze643

Postby wyseyes on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Dry firing shouldn't harm any PCP

One other thing I had was the mag failing to rotate fast enough to advance the next pellet before the bolt was re-cocked. It was only a problem with one of my two mags.
When the Monsoon was tuned he guy said he trimmed come part off the corners in the mag, so the bolt would help advance the pellet as it re-cocked. I think he also wound up the mag return spring, as it is harder to rotate the clear cover to fill the mag.
One drop of light oil in the dimple at the back of the mag helped as well.
wyseyes

Postby sundaze643 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:25 pm

Thank God,the mag works great...I don't think that the hole problem is from the mag..
Thank you for the interrest my friend! ;)
Berkut.
Nighthawk.
Walther cp88 nickel.
sundaze643

Postby Mcblade on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:26 pm

sundaze643 wrote:I fill the gun with 200bar air pressure and I begin to shoot.At the second magazine or the third,sometimes the gun shoots,but the breech doesn't cock the hammer.Of course the magazine has many pellets left.So I must to cock the breech from the lever with my hand.

Jassu,

My fairly new Monsoon behaves much the same way, I can shoot two full magazines without any problems but halfway through the third I need to start recocking manually. This is most likely due to the pressure dropping enough for automatic recocking not to work anymore, since if I pump back up to at least 150 bar I can continue with semi-auto action for a few shots more. I've noticed that pressure drops about 25 bar per every 12 shots, and this is fairly constant (also on my Typhoon). Both are full powered versions. I've never had problems with the mag not indexing, I try to keep them sufficiently (not too much) lubed, and I use JSB Exacts (or rebranded FX) pellets almost exclusively. Also check your pellets, the finnish version of the Monsoon instruction manual says that one should not use any pellets heavier than 16 grain or 1,03 grams.

kalinichta,
/Marcus
Mcblade

Postby sundaze643 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:34 pm

Marcus,
sometimes,I have this problem at the fist mag at the 4,5th shot!!I thing it is not normal..
Also,when I handdle my gun and rotate it,at the front of the bull barrel,I hear a noise from a spring.Is it normal?Does anybody else hear it?
Berkut.
Nighthawk.
Walther cp88 nickel.
sundaze643

Next

Return to FX Monsoon