Monsoon for 5 shot trainer?

The "other" semi-auto airrifle from FX.

Monsoon for 5 shot trainer?

Postby straysaver on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I have a friend who is looking for a rugged, reliable, but reasonably priced semi-auto compressed air rifle in .177. Primarily, it would be used for 5 shot strings on biathlon-type knockdown targets at 10 meters. And, it would be used on a commercial range.

I was pointed to FX as a possibility for such a rifle, and it seems that the synthetic Monsoon would be a candidate for this job. However, I have zero experience with FX products and was looking for some honest opinions from current owners about the brand, in general, and this rifle, in particular. Would the synthetic Monsoon be a good choice?

Another possibility that was mentioned to me is made by Air Arms - s400 Biathlon. Does anyone know how this rifle might compare to the Monsoon?

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to seeing your replies.

straysaver
straysaver

Re: Monsoon for 5 shot trainer?

Postby tasmedic on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:17 am

I'm sorry to see that nobody replied to your posting.

I know this is late in the day, but I have owned FX rifles for the past 7 years, and I recently obtained the monsoon in .22, synthetic.

I think the .177 would be an excellent biathlon rifle. It is relatively short, very light, and the accuracy is fantastic.
I wouldn't recommend dropping it into the snow, though!

Tasmedic
tasmedic

Return to FX Monsoon