monsoon breach leak

The "other" semi-auto airrifle from FX.

monsoon breach leak

Postby Bobnik on Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:19 pm

I just got the new monsoon, filled it to 200 bar and put 3 mags thru it to zero scope. At the end of the last mag air was escaping from the breech while gun had bolt withdrawn. When I pushed the probe home the leak stopped. I filled it up and the leak stopped. Any ideas what this could mean?
Thanks
Bobnik

Re: monsoon breach leak

Postby Guipago on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:50 am

Sounds like the main valve seal/o-ring in the tank got a momentary leak, to double check if it's sealed it's self put a small balloon over the muzzle with breech closed & leave for a while(over night maybe), if it's still leaking it will fill the balloon, at www.fxairguns.com in the support section there are exploded drawings for the Monsoon, dia. I is the box with the main valve, but if it still leaks I'd take it back to the dealer to repair.
Guipago

Postby Bobnik on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:39 am

Thanks! I will give this a try
Bobnik

Postby Bobnik on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:37 pm

No inflation of the balloon! I am hoping it was a once off failure. Is it possible that the valve would fail when the air pressure in the cylinder dropped too low. I know this would not normally occur but wondered about the Monsoon's semi-auto system?
Thanks
Bobnik

Postby Guipago on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:00 am

The pressure would have to be really low for the valve to offset it'self enough to leak, still should be enough air after 3 mags to seal(always a 'but') just have to keep shooting & see how it goes.
Guipago

Postby daytime dave on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:35 pm

I'm having a very similar sounding issue, except when I close the bolt, I can still hear the air leaking after firing.
daytime dave

Return to FX Monsoon